Avv
Years ago

United v Kings Bendigo streaming?

Anyone aware if Thursday night's game in Bendigo will be live streamed?

Topic #43824 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard it will be. Strange that United haven’t released details yet. Possibly because the game isn’t a sellout.

Reply #702543 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

They said both of the games will be live streamed Thursday night in Bendigo and Saturday night in Knox.

Reply #702546 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Melbourne playing without their 3 imports ???? That is disappointing.

Reply #702609 | Report this post

Kaps  
Years ago

Melbourne United said it would be streamed on their facebook

Reply #702640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.facebook.com/TheNBL/videos/316758375569015/UzpfSTEwMDAwMTE0NjE0MDAxNToxODAwNzgyNTc5OTY5OTI5/

Reply #702669 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Might have to change their name from "the best team ever" to "the most overrated team ever" good on ya melbourne boys killing them on defence without ANY imports

Reply #702676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze still can't coach. Nothing new there.

Reply #702679 | Report this post

Midrange  
Years ago

Gaze wont be looking to his bench too often.. Might see a 7 man rotation for the entire season. Its bleak beyond Kickert.

When Bogut is on the floor Sydney have a hard time rotating to the open man. Bogut is nailed in on protecting the rim...

Reply #702680 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Melbourne looks like a well drilled team, who have a lot of plays to get their players open shot. Kings do not yet have enough set plays to get the open shot. Always looked like we were shooting against the defence. Although I also think Gaze is playing more of the bench than he would in the regular season.

Reply #702688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great team performance, McCarron started at point, Moller at the three and both played big minutes and were very good. Now when Ware, the import three arrive it's likely that they start on the bench with Pledger who also started today also on the bench with Trist. Barlow or Moller might start in the four but Melbourne look so deep with probably smith-Milner , Hooley 10 and 11.
Lisch looked great for the kings but the side looked slow, Randle can still score but didn’t quite look interested. Adnam played well. Bogut didn’t look fit still had two great blocks on Barlow and Moller. Brisbane will be happy Kickert is at the kings, Ware showed a bit but was average overall. Newley worked hard as always but didn’t see much from the rest of the squad.

Reply #702690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings were terrible.

Reply #702696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings will need someone better than Wear if they are going to win the title.

Reply #702698 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

If Bogut can stay healthy and stay out of foul trouble and play 25 minutes a game, they'll probably be OK with Wear, Kickert and Pineau, Deng in the frontcourt for the other 15 minutes.

Having said that, Wear plays a lot like Kickert. Given how much scoring they have, I would've thought they'd go for someone whose strengths were more in line with doing the dirty work in the paint.

For United, I'm still interested in how McCarron slots in. He looked comfortable playing point last night (in the first half that I saw, anyway), but with Ware there, he'll be a spare parts man playing back up PG time, plus time at the 2 and 3.

McCarron I think will complement Ware and CG quite well. I like him.

Reply #702701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Relying on Pineau is a mistake LV.

Reply #702703 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Ultimately if their frontcourt has weaknesses- eg: Lack of rim protection, interior toughness, rebounding other than Bogut, then they'll replace Wear.

They've put too much into this season to let it slip away because of one hole that could be plugged by replacing an import.

Reply #702704 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Sydney then daylight....

Reply #702719 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

True,

Wear is similar to Kicket. Kings need post up player. Also Bogut is more effective in the low post than the high post.

Pineau as I have said before, is Gaze's mate, and not NBL level. Defensive player of the year - a joke. Bowen, Deng Deng and Deng Acouth, should be rotated in before Pineau.

Reply #702720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can Bogut defend a stretch big? Pretty keen to see him try and match up on Adelaide with 4 shooting bigs... does he defend the 3 or the rim?

Reply #702727 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The NBL has mostly got traditional bigs:

Brandt, Jervis
Boone, Pledger
Jawai
Hodgson, Bairstow mostly plays near hoop also
Ogilvy

NZ and Adelaide may cause some headaches for Bogut. Still, he's a smart player and he'll be trying to hedge enough to put a hand in the face and anticipate the drive so they don't blow by him. I reckon he'll be fine. He'll get caught out occasionally on the perimeter but his interior defensive work will mean that overall he'll be elite at that end by NBL standards.

Reply #702730 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Pledger showed last night already that if Bogues isn't going to come out much further than the charge circle on D, then they will just keep shooting comfortable jumpers and it will be a liability... Not sure if that's how he plans to continue to play or it's just because he was in a bit of foul trouble and not quick enough to be able to move his feet first to keep position and didn't want to be blown past, but it's a red flag...

Wear didn't look the goods so far, and agree that they don't need another Kickert... Seemed a bit too eager to get his shot up the few times he had it, but then, so did most... Deng Deng looked good and I think he'll be one of their defensive standouts... but that's not saying much for this Kings team...

Keeping it in perspective though, it's their first game against an NBL level team, they've only had a full team the last couple of weeks, and that window after half time they all just clicked, so I don't think Kings fans will be lighting any fires yet...

As for United, much better drilled and coached and McCarron was great to watch as usual... I seriously doubt that he moved to Melbourne (with that price tag) to come off the bench, but he's the sort of player that would take that on and be the spear tip of the second unit that helps run teams over... Great potential to flourish this season for sure...

Reply #702733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.fibalivestats.com/u/NBL/918061/

Stats .. Barlow and Moller plus 12 and 11, Newley plus 12 and Bogut plus 2 were best. Not certain kings bench much chop

Reply #702734 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

What I've seen of David Wear in the preseason he doesn't look much chop at all. Never understood why they went for a poor man's Kickert when they already had the real thing they needed a Majok Majok type.

Reply #702740 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:46 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754