Chris
Years ago

Game times released

Not great if you're a Sydney fan. Not one of the 4 Saturday games are at night. Last season was bad enough with the 5.30pm starts, but 3pm is awful. Will have a significant impact on attendance. Would imagine there'll be some season ticket holders less than happy about paying upfront and having this NBL first timeslot dumped on them.

5pm Sunday is probably not going to be real family friendly either.

Topic #43833 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

I'm pretty happy with 3pm Saturday games to be honest.

Reply #702671 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

I like the rest of the games, although getting to Homebush on Thursday/Friday nights is going to be a nightmare, but I much prefer a night game. I feel like it took many years for the 3pm Sunday game to work for the NBL, but it was viable. I just dont see masses going out there on Saturday afternoon. I hope I'm wrong. Crowds last season were well beyond what the performance of the team deserved.

Reply #702672 | Report this post

Mervan  
Years ago

Good call

But u have Bogut

Surely another 2 thousand bums on seats whatever time slots

Reply #702684 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anyone got a link to the times?

Reply #702689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL sie pulled them after briefly appearing last night.

Reply #702760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So there were two sets of times uploaded? First version was when fixture was released and another yesterday? If so lol...

Reply #702767 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

The schedule was never released with actual game times, just TBA on them all. Its clearly holding teams up from being able to sell tickets as Sydney is one of the only teams currently selling single game tickets. The site on Thursday night had all game times listed, including the individual team schedule lists, then it was gone by later Thursday night.

Reply #702792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The original fixture had times Chris. I have a copy of it and linked in the original schedule thread.

Reply #702802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So are the Saturday midday Perth games still a thing?

Reply #702806 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Sunday games are never ideal but a 3pm time slot is better than a 5pm or night game for families which is the NBL growth/target market.

Reply #702979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Problem is it seems they want that same time on Saturdays too.

Reply #702993 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

There are NO Saturday night games for anyone mate,it's not a Sydney thing.

Reply #703103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awful if so.

Reply #703120 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

In terms of going to games, the 3 or 5pm games are much easier for me now with a family, but it's a shame if I don't have a live game to watch on a Saturday night on TV. Being able to replay on demand might make up for it, depending on how long it takes to be available.

Reply #703128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This would be the first time ever NBL has no Saturday night games which is a traditional game time. Shocking fixturing!

Reply #703130 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Its hard to fathom that the season is 5 weeks away, and not only do we still have no concrete times for games (Sydney now listing the first 4 home games with times), but several teams don't even have tickets on sale, with no date of sale listed either (Brisbane and Illawarra for starters).

The league really looks amateur with some of the very basics not settled this close to the season openers. Daniel Kickert still running around with a jersey that has tape covering Garlepp's name is highly professional too. They can organize stuff with the NBA many months out, but not locally it seems.

Reply #703544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes so much to like about the nbl but asChris pointed out, no game times or new strips available yet. Ameture hour.

Reply #703555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Times have been released finally, a tonne of junk Sat 11.30am local time Wildcats games...

Reply #704125 | Report this post

NBL Lover  
Years ago

Any news on NBL.tv?

Reply #704148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth at 1130 is a f......... joke
NBL u are a disgrace

Reply #704180 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:57 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754