Camel 31
Years ago

Ken Cole 36ers President

Just then on ninenews. Seems he arrived here this weekend to take over.
A big fan of sobey and froling....,, would like a nbl salary cap.....

I think pretty good for our club as lately management poor....

Topic #43849 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good one Camel.

Reply #703073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it April 1st???

Reply #703075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow. KC has been planning to return to Adel and clearly he's been planning a coup for a long time. Business expertise?

Reply #703076 | Report this post

This is a joke, this shows how crap this club is

Reply #703079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bush league club

Reply #703081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wanna get high?

Reply #703090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"President" sounds more honourary rather than a functional position like CEO/GM. Otherwise lol.

Reply #703091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never heard of this guy.

Reply #703092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ kids these days

Reply #703095 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Ken was well past it in 2000 let alone 2018!

Does Ken know that a prescription won't get you the same things it does in California?

Reply #703104 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

in the days of old when we won the gold, in the days of ole king cole
the whole town followed the 36ers , all the media , everybody...
he's gotta presence on him ...
i'm expecting better communication , now...
no more ' we've never heard of terrance ferguson' stuff...etc...

Reply #703117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rubbish, old man wouldn't know what social media is

Reply #703119 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

What exactly is involved in the Presidency?

As a figurehead position he might actually do OK using his profile stir up interest and create a sense of excitement.

As a management position making day to day decisions, I would like to hear a little more of his business adventures.

Reply #703121 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

I assume it's basically just having him around as a voice or ear to listen to. Kind of like a consultant. I would not put much stock into it.

Reply #703133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does he get wheeled out of the nursing home on a daily basis to attend trainings

Reply #703134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harsh criticisms here. He has always battled health issues and continues to do so to this day. Technically he should be dead by now. A legend in the NBL those detractors that have no idea about the man should simply be quiet.
I hope his health continues to improve. The work involved as a president of a basketball club and NBL level will be huge. Clearly very few have ever had any knowledge of what is involved.
It will be interesting to see how he and kestleman get along. KC won't be pulling any punches if the need arises.

Reply #703136 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes . He indicated 36ers best players would attract 400k offers from richer clubs , while here 200k...and indicated perhaps bogut on about a million...

Reply #703139 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Wonder what Lindsay gaze is up to? maybe the new SE Melb team can wheel him out

Reply #703143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

apparently if joey fails this year, they are bringing Don Shipway back to coach

Reply #703148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brian Kerle to become Bullets GM.

Reply #703159 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Guys, it's a PRESIDENCY = figure head. The board is the board, the chairman is the chairman, the CEO, the coach is the coach. In this structure the President [interestingly a newly created position] is a largely honourary role, with possibly some PR value, which we are already seeing, that I'd see Ken as ideally suited to, provided he understands that reality.

I was a bit surprised to see references to him apparently 'holding court' at training, which promoted me to think the CEO & coach at least might need to establish some boundaries, but given Ken's age and health I can't see it being too much of an issue.

The one thing I am absolutely sure of is that no-one 'in the system' is suggesting he is coming back to run the team or take over the club.

Reply #703170 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Ever been to a Wildcats game?
Dr Jack is in a wheelchair. The fans love him and Eleanor.
Read an interview with him recently, apparently despite appearances his mind is still razor-sharp. Dr Jack is in his 90's.

Clearly the intention of calling somebody "President" (as opposed to CEO) is that he will be a figurehead, restricted to ceremonial and PR duties.

I think its a good move. Good to put a (distinguished) human face on sixers management.

Reply #703183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also, it is actually an "advisory board" not a board in the truest sense.

Reply #703187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti just blew a load

Reply #703188 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

ken cole who at 74 years looks younger...
i got the impression of him holding court at training monday being for ninenews running the president cole story...

Reply #703211 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

" Boti just blew a load . " ... - so did I...

Reply #703213 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

So we could see him on NBL coverage like JVG has been during the Kings games?

I expect him to really talk up the 36ers which is a change as it feels like 36ers identity is more of a 'us vs them' mentality so if Cole makes them more 'likeable' then that could be fun but personally I hate the 36ers and love their us vs them attitude of the coach and players.

Good luck to Ken and I hope that he can stir things up a bit

Reply #703225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ken will definitely buy into Joey's us v them victim mentality. Make no mistake about that.

Reply #703226 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

FFS Give the guy a chance
Probably still got some good ideas and contacts
Give some respect
How about some positivity for the 36ers for 2018/19 Season and club is looking at some new ideas to compete with a very 'lop-sided' NBL Budget between teams

Reply #703228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like it. Most NBL clubs lack involvement from past greats.

Reply #703230 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

From what I remember of Ken (TV images etc), I see him and Joey getting on real well. If Joey needed reinforcement, I reckon he'll get it with Ken!

Reply #703250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KC wont add any value in terms of business acumen or even from a basketball point of view. Simply been out of the game too long. But nice to see him back in some type of ambassadorial capacity.

Reply #703251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listening to him on the radio tonight, I doubt he will be seen or heard of much

Reply #703256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers screwed Creek and then got screwed in court and by the fan base. This is some desperate attempt at a PR recovery and nothing more. The roster is horrible, based on who they signed they have no money and that's about that.

Reply #703259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tend to agree about the roster. Joey can't pull a rabbit out of the hat with this group.

Reply #703273 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Was he on radio triplem or 5aa sports show ? I would have liked to have heard that........ Normally at this time of year busy time with AFL and no room on the program to talk to a sixers president ,but there you go , gotta do Ken Cole of course.

Reply #703278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a great move imo. Ken is an amazing motivator and can also give high quality 1-on-1 mentoring. I recall Joey saying last year that he had Ken on speed dial so they are obviously close and have mutual respect.

Reply #703322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just remember....just because somebody says it is so, doesn't make it so.

Reply #703330 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Are all the anonymous posts here from the same guy? They all sound equally childish and strange.

Reply #703351 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Are all the anonymous posts here from the same guy? They all sound equally childish and strange.

It's likely the same anon that trolls every Joey Wright thread on here just ignore them.

Reply #703357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Zodiac is your real name? If not you're no different to any blank profile. Both are actually anonymous.

Reply #703368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct. Everyone here is anonymous basically.

Reply #703372 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

So Zodiac is your real name? If not you're no different to any blank profile. Both are actually anonymous.
No they're not. To be anonymous is to not have a name. Zodiac is pseudonymous.

Reply #703373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes but also anonymous

"of unknown name; whose name is withheld"

post with your real name where there's real life accountability for what you write, a need for facts. Or you're posting anonymously. It's all the same.

Reply #703377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kr missing the point once again.

Reply #703378 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

kr missing the point once again.
The fact that you can make this comment perfectly illustrates why pseudonymous posts aren't the same as anonymous posts.

Reply #703381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, thanks for making it eaaier on us. Still missing the point though.

Reply #703408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

easier*

Reply #703409 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

By being such a pest and so relentless with the childish, anonymous comments I think you've wasted your time and efforts on people who can just see through it anyway.

Reply #703420 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

he said his name was romance but it was really cameron , although that might be an anagram....
who am i , she asked , your son is the father of my son....

Reply #703480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Camel 31 Ken Cole's alias? I ask they're both always high.

Reply #703501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I ask since*

Reply #703502 | Report this post

Agent Oso  
Years ago

Found the below on twitter over the weekend on netsdaily.com, looks like having Ken Cole on board will be invaluable to the club...

Ken Cole, Adelaide 36ers CEO, tells podcast his team held up Mitch Creek's signing because NBA needs to provide proper compensation to Australian teams, adding "they're running out of talent in the U.S., they're running out of players who can play fundamental basketball."

Reply #703790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cole's appointment is going to be awesome for our personal amusement.

Reply #703831 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Camel 31. Knows his stuff. Cryptic at times but on the money.

Reply #703989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If only we could decrypt it.

Reply #704008 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:47 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754