Isaac
Years ago

NBL Pre-Season Standouts?

I've been away for a few weeks. Who's looked decent in the NBL pre-season so far? Any standout imports or slow starters?

Topic #43878 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ken Cole has been a slow starter.

Reply #704024 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Trimble is legit, mind you I think Hall will have a huge impact when he gets comfortable. Wiley also looks tops but will be more effective once he learns to play of DJ. The guy I'm really looking forward to seeing play is Cedric. If he can channel MVP Cedric the Hawks could sneak into the playoffs.

Reply #704028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leave Steindl out of this thread please...

Reply #704030 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Gaze most improved.

Reply #704033 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Barlow looked really sharp in each of the games I saw him play for Melbourne. Expecting a big year from him if he stays healthy

Reply #704034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad Hill.

Reply #704039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lots of talk up here about dkd's shooting but I'm still concerned that dkd might stand for Doesn't Know Defence. he's looked super confident for someone who's barely played with his team before though

Reply #704040 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I've only caught the Kings games so far, and yeah, Barlow looked good in the two Sydney games. Bogut has been better than I expected to be honest - looks like he's slimmed down and moving a lot better than I've seen from him since his Milwaukee days, and Lisch looks like pre-injury Lisch, but Deng Deng looks like the real darkhorse for Sydney. I think he could fill the role that Moller had started to step into the 2nd half of his season here.

Reply #704050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I caught both kings games and Newley on Moller was a highlight, old stager v young buck, great contest.

Reply #704055 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I look at this post moreso about who we won't see or will barely see and that's the development players and Lochlan Cummings looked like he could make a roster in coming seasons with additional teams.

Vague has posted decent numbers but he seemed to jack up some crap shots but I hope he can gain confidence from the minutes he's getting with Wagstaff and Kay away.

Newley looks dangerous because we forget just how brilliant a player he is and he definitely won't attract the best defender... hopefully he finds form and stays injury free this year.

Reply #704056 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Trimble looks very promising. Wasn't expecting amazing things when he was announced, but he's changed my mind

Reply #704069 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Also, Newbill is one of the best players in this league quite frankly

Reply #704070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree on Newbill, was as good as any off them last season but never got the accolades.

Reply #704076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McVeigh will surprise people too

Reply #704088 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haven't seen any NZ Breakers games as yet, but watch for Jordan Ngatai. MIP candidate no doubt

Reply #704113 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Newbill plays both ends and isn't scared to take a shot with the game on the line, I rate him highly.

Delaney & Ngatai from NZ should be in the hunt for MIP

Reply #704127 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:16 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754