Johnson building a house tonight?

Reply #704425 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Is Anatoly Bose playing?

Reply #704426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone got video of Brandt's ankle roll?

Reply #704430 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Anatoly Bose (Kolesnikov) is not currently part of the Kazakhstani squad.

Brandt's ankle looked bad.

Reply #704431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They (national team and also his club side) binned Bose a while ago. Anyone know the story behind it?

Reply #704436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bose played the first four qualifying games, averaging 11ppg and 8rpg to be statistically their second best player. Hasn't played since Feburary.

Reply #704439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh I see he rejoined the team after a year out.

Why did he change his surname? This guy is like a mystery man.

Reply #704442 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

I could be wrong, but I recall the Anatoly Bose name change was for personal reasons, such as distancing himself from his father. It would've been good to see him suit up in this game.

As for the game, it's difficult to read much into it given how poorly Kazakhstan played. The Boomers pressure had a lot to do with it, causing an insane number of turnovers. Johnson again contributed with ease in limited time. He seems to deserve a place in the main rotation of a Boomers B team. Kay is very solid at this level. I can only recall one poor performance as a Boomer by Kay. McCarron and Sobey were standouts.

Reply #704447 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hopefully Johnson keeps his spot for the game against Iran, that will give a better indicator of how he is going.

Reply #704448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Score?

Reply #704463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I prefer McCarron to Goulding at this stage - seems to have a bit more of a rounded game.

Reply #704472 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Final score?

Reply #704475 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Australia def. Kazakhstan 94-41. No point playing these games. Should be automatic qualification for Au.

Reply #704476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding plus 36, McCarron pus 32. Goulding always so underrated by poor judges. Also what's between Heal and Cadee, talks him up like worlds best player, setting him up the Olympic team perhaps.

Reply #704477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal is in with the Cadee family.

How has he not been sacked for being so unprofessional is beyond me. Always pumping up Jason in Kings games. Has the nerve to mention B Joyce's name for next coach of Melb Utd too on a broadcast. Shocking commentator.

Reply #704478 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

These games are a bit of a chore to watch. They lack any real competitiveness and they don't even make our team look all that great. I feel like a mix between the talent differential and the lack of team's time to gel means that Australia out-talents other teams in an ugly fashion while the other team just sucks altogether. It is a bit scary to think that, individually, these players are even better than what we're seeing and that the Boomers, if they had a series of lead in games, could probably be even harder on these teams. Having said that, I don't believe this particular NBL Boomers team would qualify through Europe, which seem to have most of their top flight prospects playing right now. The Americas also have had Scola and Varejao playing among others.

Reply #704483 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I don't like these games as much as the next person - and the sheer travel schedule is quite stupid - and why they have to spread out the games so much. NZ (and Australia) just traveled a helluva long way to play 2 games.

BUT, and it's a massive but, we have to start somewhere to grow these games. What happens now will pay dividends for global basketball down the track.

I always allude to the Japan rugby example. Japan lose 145-17 to NZ in 1995, together with some heavy beatings in 2000's and ever since then they closed the gap against the rest and then beat the Springboks (then probably the 2nd best team in the world) in 2015.

If these games result in more international competition in 10-15 years time then I'm all for it.

Reply #704486 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

MACDUB i agree, but theres developing japan at rugby and developing Kazakhstan at basketball. I would think having China as being competitive in basketball would come way before Borat's men.

Reply #704488 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Curtley, I remembered they had a fairly OK to good team at the FIBA World Cup in 2009.

They had one really good scorer - Alexandr Tyutyunik - haven't heard of him since.

Suspect their domestic league simply isn't a strong ground for developing players and/or they just don't have the pool of players.

Reply #704496 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Sorry I forgot to write Under 19 WC*

Reply #704513 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Didn't it turn out Tyutyunik was 22 playing in the U19s, along with a few other overagers in their team? They had a sweet shooting guard who torched NZ, but reports were he'd been playing pro in lower leagues in Europe for a number of years!

Reply #704532 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:56 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754