Zodiac
Years ago

Day 3 - NBL Blitz

Final day of the Blitz today all times EST.

11am - New Zealand vs Cairns

1pm - Brisbane vs Sydney

3:30pm - Adelaide vs Perth

5:30pm - Melbourne vs Illawarra

Topic #43915 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taipans beating NZ.... League may be closer than some are expecting. I don't think any team can cruise to a win this year. good for the league.

Reply #704975 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

NZ, BRISBANE, ADELAIDE, MELBOURNE.

Reply #704977 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Adelaide way too good for rest of the NBL.
Blitz champs imo .

Reply #704979 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Wear has this half, surely, to save his NBL 'career'.

Reply #704983 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Sydney resting all their seniors today.

Reply #704984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel this is the year when Cadee has a very strong pre-season but goes on to have a disappointing regular season.

Reply #704985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

David Wear. 32 minutes. 8pts 7rbs 3/12 from the field and 0/4 from 3. Nice pickup JVG he is a star hahahahah

Reply #704990 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Points to the NBL or Twitter for their Twitter live coverage. The quality has been good and consistent. Although I haven't used the live comments section, it is an interesting addition. I'd recommend NBL.tv do this, but it seems like live coverage has been stripped off them. Not sure what all the Japanese fans were writing in the Bullets game, but good to see some interest abroad.

Reply #704993 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

No White today for Perth.
Is he injured?

Reply #704995 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

No Sobey for Sixers

Reply #704996 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Sixers up 25-21 at Qtr time

Reply #704997 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

I didn't realize that there is a Senior's Day for the Kings today. Why we don't serve high tea for those close to 40 years old.

Reply #704998 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Deleon is smoking

Reply #704999 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Wear with another fizzler, but he's probably shown significantly more than Gee at this point, while (hopefully) earning significantly less, too.

Reply #705000 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Sixers up 52-45 at the half and win the quarter too thanks to that Drmic three quarter length buzzer beater.

Reply #705001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know its hard to gauge without the proper lighting, and the clock on the screen is not in line with the game locks, but that shot was released after the buzzer.

Reply #705002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, I stand corrected. Just saw the replay.

Reply #705003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just shows you a few things. The experts tipped Adelaide to be bottom. The Blitz is a joke. Kings not suiting their starters up for their last game. I guess they don't want to be embarrassed again. The Titter coverage I saw was unwatchable. Joining NBL TV again and it's almost perfect.
Pretty pointless and if you host the Blitz you will probably lose money.

Reply #705004 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

36ers lead 78-66 at 3QT

Deleon making a run at MVP banking FT's what a character

Reply #705006 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Deleon will swish the first one and then will bank the second one is his routine it seems. He could be better from the foul line than Randle which will be very handy. I am loving the confidence from him.

The Sixers/Wright haters would be hating how he is proving them wrong so far (Again). Pre-season doesn't mean much but he is looking like quality so far.

Reply #705007 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

The Blitz looks pretty good to a Sixers supporter! I've had good quality Twitter streams as well, so no complaints from me! I think we can all revise our opinions of Adris Deleon drastically upwards too - the dude can still play!

Reply #705008 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Sixers win 108-90

Reply #705010 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

I'd love to know how larkins ended up shooting freethrows after jervis went up for a dunk and got fouled??? When the commentators got of adelaide for a moment they did manage to acknowledge wagstaff got mown over and was unlucky to get called for a foul. The cats whole frontcourt was basically fouled out, 38fta to 6fta. Even as an adelaide fan you have to question that advantage. Daniel johnson didn't foul anyone? He is such a good defender

Reply #705012 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

The NBL Blitz has been a bit of a failure in my books. The basketball has been boring and sub-par. The crowds have been non-existent. It's helped teams work out some rotations but when it comes to whetting the appetite for the season it has actually made me feel like this might be the first season in about 5 years where the standard of play drops. I hope I'm wrong.

Reply #705013 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"I'd love to know how larkins ended up shooting freethrows after jervis went up for a dunk and got fouled???"

Probably because the defense was moving backwards so there was no foul whilst Wagstaff fouled Larkins.

"wagstaff got mown over and was unlucky to get called for a foul"

I disagree. Wagstaff clearly fouled Drmic. The one where Wagstaff was called for a foul on McVeigh looked wrong though.

"38fta to 6fta. Even as an adelaide fan you have to question that advantage"

No. Sixers lead the league in foul shots last season. Their game is to attack the ring. Lots of foul shots were for Perth being over the limit due to lots of stupid fouls. Perth also shot 30 3's to the Sixers 17.

"The NBL Blitz has been a bit of a failure in my books." ME with no clue as always

"this might be the first season in about 5 years where the standard of play drops." So what you don't go to the games unless it is the finals where you jump on the bandwagon so what does it matter? Regardless the standard of play will be just as high if not higher.

Reply #705021 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

38 to 6! Perth had more points in the paint where you would think you get fouled more. 38 to 6, 32 more fta. Liam santamaria said adelaide attacks the defence with reckless abandon, for mine that means they are often forcing the contact, they get way too many calls other teams don't get when they go inside.

Reply #705027 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

No box office at the stadium and no entry without a ticket was an interesting experience when I arrived today.

Reply #705033 | Report this post

EYW  
Years ago

Naww butthurt J? They get calls cause they attack and play hard. Learn basketball.

Reply #705034 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Enjoying watching 36ers after losing Creek in such a horrible fashion. They look fast and exciting to watch again. Frustrating teams again too. Picked up 2 decent imports from the looks and a few young blokes stepping up another notch. Be interesting when the season starts to see how they go.

Reply #705036 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"So what you don't go to the games unless it is the finals where you jump on the bandwagon so what does it matter? Regardless the standard of play will be just as high if not higher."

What in god's green fuck are you talking about? I was there for at least 10 regular season games last season, about the same the season before, and the season before that I was a season member.

A bandwagon fan? I was there when the team was losing every single game and I'll be there when they finally win the championship, whenever that is.

And if you think you know me personally maybe you should take your views to me in person.

Reply #705037 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

perth lose every game because of the refs

Reply #705038 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I get the feeling DJ Kennedy doesn't have a broad range of skills offensively. I don't think he will be anywhere near as good as Prather

Reply #705039 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

Congratulations, Adelaide. One for the trophy cabinet.

Reply #705052 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Camel 31, you wouldn't ask the question if your team was on the wrong side of a 32fta differential? Every fan from every team is lying if they say that they wouldn't be wondering if a few didn't go their way.

Any team that gets 20 or mkre fta should wun every game, its called the charity stripe for a reason

Reply #705058 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Regarding 36ers getting to the stripe so often. They attack the rim. They might force the contact, but the techniques of the defenders aren't good enough to keep up with the pace of the Sixers so they are called for the foul. So many times last season defenders get their hands in wrong position, just sends Sixers to the line every time.

Reply #705064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously its the Blitz.

Reply #705065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Such a disrespect for Loggins and Bruton. If any team can't play their FULL team for all games don't enter. It's a joke.

Reply #705067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings bench looked horrible, Pineau being the pick of them. So many poor defenders, kings never learn.

Reply #705081 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

38 to 6, 36 to 24 and 45 to 22. Its not hard to win when you are getting thay many charitable handouts!!! I can accept your argument that the 36ers attack hard, but you are hardly an elite defensive team yet never seem to give up the same fouls when teams attack the basket, and your hands aren't in the magical perfect position, johnson is an avg at best defender, wiley is young drimic loses his mind, teys is slow, sobey and moore are solid but we are harsly talking an elite frontline known for their defence. Avg 22.3 more fta, teys almost had more fta then the opposition!!! EYW can cry buthurt all he/she wants but this is across 3 opponents, and warrants the question.

Reply #705086 | Report this post

Cbj  
Years ago

J,

you are honestly just proving the point that Adelaide knows what they are doing attacking the rim. Do you seriously think a game held in Victoria is going to end with 'charitable handouts' to Adelaide against Melbourne?

No other team can currently keep up with their pace. Wiley got tech fouled yesterday. I saw many fouls called on every team in the blitz that were questionable. None more so then others. Did you actually watch every game or just the Perth ones with your one sided view?

Reply #705088 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Watched plenty of games, i don't think Adelaide attacks the basket any differently to most teams, but they akways seem to be rewarded when forcing the contact. Not a perth only game thing. Its comical because if perth had an avg of +22fta this forum would explode, but Adelaide are just special... i notice u haven't explained how your avg defenders don't give away more fouls?

Reply #705095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know the season is fast approaching when you get a harsh reminder of how utterly annoying Perth fans are.

Reply #705100 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"i don't think Adelaide attacks the basket any differently to most teams"

They penetrate more in transition than other teams before oppo defences are set, which is why Joey Wright's teams have long been amongst league leaders in FTA.

Reply #705105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enjoyed the commentary, far superior to the fox coverage. Liam Santamaria and Matt McQuade were excellent. None bull crap going on just giving good basketball comments, with information and stats.

Reply #705229 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

J
Adelaide don't just get into the keyway but get right under the basket as shot charts show. when you see the fta stats way out of whack, have a look at 3pt attempts and you will find the opposition at 30 odd to Sixers 6-10 attempts if that. Maybe that might be a reason, I'm not sure. Sixers are terrible defenders at giving up 3pt shots but Drmic and Teys actually do a reasonable job as much as we love to bag Teys. Deng gives clumsy fouls.

Reply #705230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enjoy Drimic. He was trouble at Dandenong.

Reply #705233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ he would have fit right in then

Reply #705236 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:30 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754