Anonymous
Years ago

NBL vs NBA odds

Odds are out with every NBA team having $1.01 or 1.00 odds. Sydney Kings are paying $19 against the clippers.

Sure, the NBA teams should be favourites but by that much? We saw last year how close United came to winning. And we know the NBA teams are going to be in first gear with their second best roster.

Topic #43922 | Report this topic

Hogwash  
Years ago

Good value in line betting for these games.

Reply #705210 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

They're long odds there but really, anything could happen in any particular game. All last year's games really taught us is that an NBL team can go blow-for-blow with an NBA team in the right situation, and that they tended to do so after acclimatizing to a first quarter culture shock. The chances of one actually getting the W, to me, still seem fairly unlikely despite what Melbourne did last year. So is it fair to say that the Sydney Kings could beat the Clippers in 1 of 19 games? Yeah, that might actually be a fairly accurate appraisal. You have to consider the massive talent drop as soon as the Kings rest their starters. If the Kings could play their starting 5 for an entire game you might have a bees dick of a chance at an upset.

Melbourne, Sydney, New Zealand and Perth will fight admirably and optimistic outlooks for them would be scorelines under 20 or 25, with a few Boomer-level Aussies or highly regarded imports showing out. I don't think Adelaide has the capacity to be in any way, shape or form competitive with an NBA team and I expect them to be absolutely demolished, sad to say.

Reply #705214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get on the line!!!!!

Reply #705217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings at $19 looks like a good bet to me .... what book maker is offering that up ?

Reply #705237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sportsbet

Reply #705246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lines are only around the 20-28 mark this year, last year they were all pushing 30+, still think these lines are great value and will multi them all together.

Reply #705247 | Report this post

Fletch  
Years ago

I tried but can't multi bet on line bets using BetEasy? How’d you go with your betting app?
I just got changed to bet easy. My first try on it and not too happy so far.

Reply #705491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Make sure no one team is repeated? Should work.

Reply #705503 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Last year:

Jazz def Kings by 20
Suns def Bullets by 21
Thunder def United 1

If the two bottom teams from the NBL each got within 20 you would have to think this Sydney team would be some chance to beat the Clippers.

$19 is good value, IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if Perth come close to Denver either.

Reply #705506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would be comfortable taking the line against the NBL teams who are going over there except for Kings who are trash with a trash coach. Could get very ugly.

Reply #705514 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:24 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754