Anonymous
Years ago

New stadiums? Upgrades?

What stadiums need to be upgraded and where should new stadiums be situated around the country?

Topic #43932 | Report this topic

Slopernator  
Years ago

Brisbane the obvious candidate but here's hoping the Brisbane Live precinct solves that in the next few years. The issue will be having the crowds to fill it.

Reply #705451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston.

Reply #705452 | Report this post

Cobra  
Years ago

Yep, Brisbane needs it. Will go from 3,500 seats at BCEC to 17,000 at Brisbane Live (or whatever it ends up being called). It is a fair while off though, which is a shame.

Reply #705535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston wont happen until they give back the money they stole hahhahahahahahahahahahahha

Reply #705555 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

The talk of Brisbane needing a new/better facility ... is there a reason that Boondal doesn,t get a mention? It's old now, I know, but wouldn't a "facelift/refurb" be economically preferable? I'm sure it would , so why not at least consider it. Big enough for Bullets prospects for near future, plenty of, and easy parking, extremely easy to get to (even though out of Bris proper) and BECAUSE OF THAT no Fri/Sat night crowds going whereever (wherever???) clogging inward AND outward traffic.

A AA AAND THEEENNNNN! could maybe incorporate the North of Brisbane Live precinct in near future.

Reply #705594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth might need a stadium downgrade this year.

Reply #705618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HOw much will Perth lose this season. Will they make the finals? Will they have to cut their coaching staff from 10 to 8?

Reply #705623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah robt, while it is an advantage to people who live on the north side (myself included) to play at Boondall, Brisbane needs to be playing in the city. It is central to everyone and there are pubs, clubs, awesome food outlets, Southbank etc. where people can go before and after the game.

Brisbane Live will be the way to go once it has been built.

Boondall is run down and I do not see them giving it a face lift. The owner is a tightarse and charges the Bullets through to roof to play there. They actually lose money playing there.

Reply #705654 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Thank you.

Agree totally re available entertainment in South Bank, etc. Hence my "North of Brisbane Entertainment Precinct", comment. Not north of the existing one. But yeah, a bit (or a lot) far-fetched (my idea, not your answer).

Reply #705666 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:07 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754