J
Years ago

Jazz scouted Perth

Seems the Jazz took the wildcats pretty seriously. Doesn't mean other teams didn't scout their aussie opponents but says alot more to me than an of the cuff gsw like comment.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/perth-wildcats/nblxnba-jazz-coach-quin-snyder-backs-wildcats-nbl-pre-season-clashes-ng-b88976698z

Topic #43955 | Report this topic

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yeah, well, they may have. But a lot of what happened was Perth shooting themselves in the foot. They got plenty of open jumpers so their offense wasn't completely broken, but I don't think I've seen a pro team shoot that poorly before.

I think they will do better against Denver. Or at least I hope so. I'm done making fun of them for the loss for now. There are a lot of reasons why what happened, happened, and I think they can do better.

Reply #706315 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Purely from an outsiders assessment of the coaches, it does not surprise me at all that one (Quin) would scout and the other (Doc) would not.

Reply #706317 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Perth need to redeem themselves against Denver, not so much for the people on here laying crap on them but for themselves and the NBL.

Reply #706319 | Report this post

Nogg  
Years ago

People are forgetting that along with playing a great NBA team, they were playing at altitude as well. Probably contributed to a lot of misses

Reply #706321 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

@Nogg - After reading your post I checked out the altitude in Salt Lake City compared to Perth. Never really thought of that impacting a basketball game. 4100ft in Salt Lake City compared to 103ft in Perth CBD.

Reply #706326 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

I hate Perth, it's part of my Sixers DNA.

West Coast Eagles won the most significant sporting event in our country. The vast majority of the team are supporters of everything Western Australian.

They played like they had planks of wood attached to their legs. It was embarrassing, however like other posters said. They got open, they just couldn’t hit anything all night. I don’t blame them after the 40 hour travel there, 1 day feel for the venue and then to sit and watch the Eagles claw their way back into the game and eventually win it

Mind probably back in the game for Denver.

Reply #706327 | Report this post

Nogg  
Years ago

@Train, altitude just means the air is a bit thinner. If you're not used to it, you don't have the red blood cells to get enough oxygen to your lungs. It's why Denver (even more altitude) has such a massive home court advantage

Reply #706329 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

"I don't think I've seen a pro team shoot that poorly before"

It was even worse than the stinker 5 years ago: Perth vs Townsville 25/1/13
Perth 31.9% field goal percentage
Townsville 39.1%

Reply #706344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@FM Roosters aren't from Perth ;)

Reply #706347 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

It's not hard to scout the horn sets and flex offense.

Reply #706360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nuggets going to drop Nuggets on Pearth worse than what Jazz did, can't wait.

Reply #706369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not hard to scout the horn sets and flex offense.

ROFL... Gleeson had his pants pulled down.

Reply #706376 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Who are the "Roosters"? An I missing something?

Reply #706400 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Quin Synder is an unbelievably good coach - and very professional. Im not surprised he scouted Perth - takes his job very seriously.

Reply #706402 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Denver is higher than Utah I believe.

Reply #706562 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

maybe altitude referring to 11ft, not 4100ft?!

Reply #706608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Denver is higher than Utah I believe.

Correct - marijuana is legal in Colorado.

Reply #706623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL! Philly scouted Melbourne, I think most teams would do some scouting for a pre-season game and practice executing their scouts.

Reply #706640 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754