A
Years ago

DJ voted to be Captain by Peers

Congratulations to DJ, the new captain of the Adelaide 36ers.

Topic #43963 | Report this topic

Hogwash  
Years ago

The right choice imo

Reply #706519 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Dj is many things but captain? Big call.

Reply #706520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least he plays

Reply #706521 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

yeah , i guess he's been here the longest..

Reply #706522 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

This will raise eyebrows but I prefer Teys as the Captain.

DJ doesn't have leadership qualities nor temperament, he is a very good player no doubt, not a leader we need.

Reply #706560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ has had a lot of personal growth the last few years so worth giving him a fo. He has stayed and made SA his home despite being chased by others, he stayed through the Marty days so deserves an opportunity.

Reply #706577 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Give him opportunity. Come the hour come the man. Will inspire him.

Reply #706581 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Teys should be able to continue to do what he has been doing. Not play much and be a good locker room guy. (whatever that is? I would hope all 36ers were good locker room guys) At least we now have a player as our captain who has earned the right. He has the best cv since Brett. I cant imagine his play diminishing and I expect him to continue to grow.
Look at the list of 36ers captains and one stands out for all the wrong reasons. BTW this is not Brendan's fault.

Reply #706592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be honest, who else do you go for as captain and vice captain. Need them on floor, something teys won't be this year. My pick would have been Moore but as an import would be tough sacking captain if he needed to be replaced.

Reply #706598 | Report this post

It's now time for DJ to take the gig. His grown as a man as a player and as leader over his career.

Reply #706600 | Report this post

Captain  
Years ago

To be honest I think the best Captain they've had is Mitch Creek !!!!
Look at what they did to him to pay him back for his service to the club, I think the sixers are going to have a very long season and will be sitting near the bottom of the ladder somewhere unfortunately, could this be the demise of the sixers after what will become the worst season on record, will they have to sell their shares in the Johns mansion at Hackham West to keep the club afloat !!!!!!!

Reply #706604 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

I was unimpressed by DJ's flying elbows and foul temper v Perth last year and there is certainly no love lost between him and the Perth boys.

Reply #706610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More Perth pollution in a non-Perth thread. Well done Mock.

Reply #706624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

58 points.

Reply #706667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not that I ever agreed with Teys being the Captain (not realy a fan at all)......but how exactly was he stripped of the Cpatains role ?

He was resigned in the off season on the basis that he is a hard worker, good leader in the locker room and respected by his peers. Why was there a need for a new Captain ?

This is the type of move that loses faith in clubs.

Reply #707020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"This will raise eyebrows but I prefer Teys as the Captain."

The captain should be a strong leader but should also be someone actually worth a roster spot

Reply #707024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The players voted on their captain, Teys wasn't stripped, just wasn't players favourite

Reply #707046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What did the criminal say to the police officer?

"DON'T TEYS ME BRO!"

Reply #707057 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:46 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754