Anonymous
Years ago

Sobey Vice Captain

Happy with that. He handled himself well in the fiasco in Fili. Giving him a role will allow him to step up and prove he is read to say goodbye to his past antics and be a leading PG.

Topic #43969 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He didn't do anything wrong in the Phillipines but nothing he did or didn’t do makes me think he is a leader, particularly not after his finals ejection last season.

Reply #706583 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Does anyone know if Sobey has signed a new contract? If so, how long for?

Reply #706586 | Report this post

Cbj  
Years ago

As far as I know no new contract. Final year. I don't think I’d be shocked to see him go to the new team next year. Hopefully not but never know.

Reply #706595 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Sobey isn't going anywhere until the Sixers get $200,000 AUD.

~ Sixers Management, probably

Reply #706653 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

LOL yea, will be interested to see what the next group of sixers free agents do, especially someone like Sobey who may have some international aspirations, and could be a target of a new SE Melbourne team.

If I was Sobey I wouldnt sign anything with the sixers until all over seas/NBA options had been explored, to prevent them having some claim to do what they did with Creek. IE stuffing up his chances of a NBA deal.

Reply #706665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the Creek thing will just give everyone certainty. Players understand the clauses they need in contracts as does the club. Clarity and understanding upfront and not when it is too late will simply and easily overcome the problems that happened with Creek.

Reply #706668 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Yeah, that's not how the Sixers administration works.

Reply #706676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lawyer mate who follows nbl reckons if a new team is coming in, anyone that signed a contract previous to the announcement of the new franchise will be a free agent. He said the market place had grown so it would be a restriction of trade if you signed before.Will be interesting to see the outcome.

Reply #706677 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

If I was Sobey I wouldnt sign anything with the sixers until all over seas/NBA options had been explored, to prevent them having some claim to do what they did with Creek. IE stuffing up his chances of a NBA deal.

Ultimately I don't think the Sixers stuff up Creek's chances, I think they found a better / more suitable player and signed him, but the Sixers sure didn't help Creek's cause though.

Reply #706682 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

If an NBA team wants a player $100,000 isn't going to change their minds on him.

Reply #706726 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:02 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754