Hogwash
Years ago

Nathan Sobey still an NBA prospect?

It seems Nathan Sobey is still getting NBA attention after Adelaide's recent game against Utah.
Drawing rave reviews from Jazz coach Quin Snyder and Jazz players Donovan Mitchell and Joe Ingles.
In Boti's recent blog it's noted that Ingles (31) thinks of Sobey (28) as a great kid.

Does Sobey at 28 still have a chance to make it and will a big NBL season increase his chances.

Thoughts....

Topic #43992 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

If he had a strong year in the NBL, I'd be inviting him to NBA pre-season. He looked the part in that Jazz game. 3/6 NBA threes. 4 steals. Plays both ends.

I guess someone like Grayson Allen has the five year age advantage on him though.

Reply #707183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Creek was back this season, who would have been more valuable between the two?

Reply #707185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All three were asked what they thought of Sobey, and all three answered politely and diplomatically. Its not like they ran to the media and made their strong feelings known.

Reply #707187 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In the post-game handshakes, Snyder and a few others seemed genuine in their support and encouragement for him. The commentators were aware of his having been with Utah during the previous pre-season before it was derailed by injury.

Reply #707188 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

No chance NBA, too many deficiencies at the age he already is.

He'll have decent NBL career though, which is a huge achievement from where he started.

Reply #707203 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

I remember when the Wildcats played the Rockets, some of the American commentators were very complementary of Matty Earp. Basically he was the only one on the team big enough to physically match the rockets in the post. (IIRC his playing weight was something like 120kg - built like a brick shithouse.)

What relevance that has to the discussion at hand? I have no idea, maybe just that sometimes yanks say nice things.

Reply #707227 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Athletic 6'4 guy who played well in a pre-season game, has a decent but inconsistent mid range shot, at times poor attitude and is 28 years old. Yeah, a real shortage of guys like that in the US....sign him up!

Reply #707270 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nice work AD. Did Earp have 25 that night?

Reply #707273 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yep, Earp did indeed have 25 that night.

Reply #707294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Yeah, a real shortage of guys like that in the US....sign him up!"

No, no, no....didn't you listen to Ken Cole? The US doesn't have any up and coming players at all, and the NBA should be paying the Sixers for continually producing these hidden gems.

Reply #707301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would be exposed in the NBA, he has hops and mid range athleticism but lacks a physical presence.
He is also a mental midget, I could see him putting up 4-1-1,

Reply #707466 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:55 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754