Isaac
Years ago

NBL Fantasy Round 1

Thought I'd enter a team this year. Coincidentally picked primarily from Adelaide and Illawarra for Round 1.

Any steals on the list?

Topic #44000 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best bargains for your bench:

DKD
Andersen
Jawai
Bowen
Vague
Drmic
Barlow
Grida
Adnam
M. Deng
Naar

Just got to work out which ones are going to make you cash! Prob missed a few, but that was off my head when I was creating my team.

Reply #707331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have 3 players on that list
DKD
Andersen
Naar

Reply #707334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For us non punters what's every player worth, put it up here if it ain’t to hard. Thanks.

Reply #707346 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Of that list, I think Andersen, Drmic, Barlow, Grida and Naar could be decent. McVeigh and Froling perhaps too. Wilson as well, though his early schedule is poor. Wondered about Deng Deng down the track considering C stocks are thin.

If you have money to upgrade on Drmic, perhaps Coenraad - always has a chip on his shoulder and will want to establish himself against Blanchfield and Grida. Drmic could go either way. Moller bit pricey.

Guesses at most popular 3-5 picks to start?

Not very easy to get a clean list to copy and paste. I ended up signing up to see and then figured I might as well make a team with a stupid name.

Reply #707358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, it's not hard to sign up to see the prices. On the basic side of things... Every new import is 1 million, Bairstow and Webster are this price too, not sure why, both are not imports and both have missed significant time so should be price discounted. Bogut is 1.5mill, also not sure why, way overs, silly to start with him. Most expensive player is Boone I think around the 1.6-1.7 mill mark. Bargain basement is 250K. Most of those guys in my list are between 250-650K.

Grida good, Naar has too many guards ahead of him. Drmic is starting so he's the best value by far in my opinion, Coenrad good too, but Drmic, I'd even go as far as to say you could possibly start Drmic on field to save the money in that position. Barlow, Andersen should get a tonne of minutes. Jawai should too, but can't be bothered having him get injured during a game and lose value.

Reply #707374 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

I've gone with Barlow, naar, Drmic, Bowen and froling as my bargain hopefuls.

I expect Barlow and Drmic to play decent minutes s should get plenty of opportunity and are both pretty cheap.

Naar does have a lot of guard competition but my punt is jett and white are more likely to play 2 than 1 which gives him the opportunity to play the back up pg role. assists als score well in fantasy and are his strength

Froling may not get a lot of minutes but, he should score good points just by cleaning the glass.

And I think Bowen is too talented to not pick up on the cheap

Time will tell, should be fun

Reply #707390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I'm torn with Bowen, so talented, but already seen him and Gaze fight and Gaze has benched him because of it, but he's so cheap!

None of your 5 are C's so you can't have one of them unless you are playing them on court?

Reply #707394 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

oops forgot i ditched froling, shawn long to round out the bench. Bowen at $25k and dual position is a pretty low risk imo.

Reply #707539 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Yeah, I've sinced moved Bowen back into my lineup, I reckon Long is going to be huge and taking a big risk not starting him, but hopefully my current players make me enough money so that I can bring him in when NZ have their string of doubles.

Reply #707571 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good start for me, having DJ as captain. Sobey and Wiley also had reasonable numbers. Drmic not so much, but on the bench his impact is minimised.

My front six are: Jackson, Sobey, Wiley, DJ, Boone, Ogilvy. Figure at least four of those are solid double-double chances. Wiley missed by 1 board last night. All capable of getting blocks and/or steals, generally shoot at a solid clip, etc. Banking on Ogilvy regaining form. If he doesn't, I don't have much else begging for a trade after R1.

Reply #707875 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Something that's bringing up a bit of confusion and can't get a solid answer. Rules state:

8. Site Rankings and Leaderboards

As long as you create a Team prior to the completion of Round 3, your Team is entered in the overall competition. While scoring will begin in Round 1, the overall rankings will begin in Round 3. You can view the overall leaderboard by clicking on your ranking, and then you can see how you are doing in the overall competition over the full season in addition to how you did last week.

To me that means rankings won't be released till round 3, however all points scored in rounds 1 and 2 will have a bearing on your ranking when it does begin in round 3. Being told on Twitter that my thought is incorrect. If I'm wrong, then that is retarded and why wouldn't you just build a team that will only be beneficial from rounds 3 onwards?!? It's pointless playing the first 2 rounds going by their logic.

Reply #707889 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

As is most things the NBL do ^

Reply #707893 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Argh!?! What is the answer Ingles13??

Reply #707894 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:00 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754