Anonymous
Years ago

Ref development

Obviously there was no ref development during the off season.

Norton flops lamely and gets a call. Five point swing against Sixers.

And I'm from Perth.

We need to get real about this. Fans, stakeholders and players deserve better.

Topic #44022 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leave the refs alone, some calls go for you some against, it all pans out in the end. Any one who has played basketball at any level knows this.

Reply #707789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This from someone who has never reff'd b4 and probably can't play the game nor understand the rules. "Why was that a goaltend??" NO!

Reply #707796 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

What on earth are you talking about?

Reply #707799 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Shall we talk about sobeys dive on the three or dj been the tough post player flailing to draw the o call? Yes refs aren't getting the flop calls right, it went both ways.

Reply #707813 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Refs getting use to return to work. Hope they improve though as going to be frustrating. Chances they won't.

Reply #707823 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

getting calls wrong devoid of team bias, is still bad refereeing , getting calls wrong because of team bias is corrupt refereeing.

Reply #707837 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Looks like the refs are all in an alpha male competition to see how many oranges they can fit under their armpits.

Reply #707843 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

There has been no development. They are SH!T.

NBL refs calling foul from behind again - on Bairstow. Whilst the Ref that is closer, with direct line of sight calls nothing.

Pathetic compared to NBA refs.

Reply #707853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jumpshot you clearly didn't watch too many of the NBAxNBL games or the pre-season NBA so far.

Reply #707854 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

If you're talking about 36ERS vs Perth last night, thought the calling was OK though obviously not perfect. Never can be.

Based on last night and the pre-season game against Cairns it looks to me like the flop is no longer being called - thank goodness - though it would have been nice to see Cotton called for an unsportsmanlike for at least one of his 'head high' simulations [to use the 'football' jargon] last night.

However, calling pretty good overall in my view.

Also good to see at least one coach not hammering the referees on the side line. I'm hoping that is in response to a competition-wide NBL edict, though if it was it seems Gleeson and his lads didn't get the memo, or chose to ignore it.

Reply #707859 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

"Jumpshot you clearly didn't watch too many of the NBAxNBL games or the pre-season NBA so far."

Go get some lessons, and don't call what you can't see from behind. How hard is that? My 7 year old can understand that that is stupid.

Reply #707868 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

"Jumpshot you clearly didn't watch too many of the NBAxNBL games or the pre-season NBA so far."

For your info, I watch a lot of NBA games. Not just NBLxNBA.

Another Anon Ref trying to justify that he can see a foul from behind the play.

Reply #707869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pop feel free to open the other eye. Flops not rewarded? Did you miss sobey land on two feet and fall backwards to get 3 free throws for nothing? Cotton took an elbow to the face. There was plenty of flopping by both teams and plenty of refereeing rewarding it.

Reply #707871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And if you look at the referee who made the call he signalled immediately that the foul was for contact on the forearm of Sobey (still incorrect) but the flop had nothing to do with the wrong call.

Reply #707880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A bit defensive jumpshot. NBA refs never make calls from behind do they. The last 2 minute report it is littered with them daily.

Reply #707882 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

er anon, Pop actually posted "flop not being called". Totally different meaning to not being rewarded. Perhaps take your own advice before posting from the hip.

Reply #707886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fans will never agree with refereeing.
Either accept it or stop watching sport. Human error is a fact of life.

Reply #707887 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Refs have done a complete 180 on the flop. Gone from calling too many flops to nothing and calling everything a charge.
I am not in favor of calling flops, just let the play go if they flop, the coach will sort it out if player is on the ground.

Reply #707921 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:43 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754