Anonymous
Years ago

Mitch Creek? Brooklyn sign 2 two-way players.

With Mitch missing out in Brooklyn could we see him back in the NBL? Would look nice in United colours ;)

Topic #44031 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Perth

Reply #708128 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Both players signed are expected to be waived, with Brooklyn keeping their G League rights. Reading the article, half seems to be a favour to the players.

Don't know if this affects Creek much if he intended on plugging away in reserve grade anyway.

Fwiw his name has been raised in Brisbane circles if by circumstance he was to return.

Reply #708132 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Surely coming back to the NBL where the season end in March, then going to play Gleague is a better option.. More money and a better league.

Reply #708133 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I don't think we will seem him back in the NBL this season according to the 36ers they still retain Creek's NBL rights this season and Creek would need their permission to sign with another NBL team.

Reply #708135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adel waived also.

Reply #708138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely Benno doesn't understand what call-ups and 10 days are? You also don’t know the money he is on, so....

Reply #708143 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Im guessing this year isnt about making money for him.

Reply #708152 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

"Surely Benno doesn't understand what call-ups and 10 days are? You also don't know the money he is on, so...." LOL you think he'd earn more in the Gleague then NBL good one!

Reply #708154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Benno, you know sweet FA about it mate.

Reply #708320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deng Adel waived as well, might get g league contract.

Reply #708367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually Benno is on point.

Reply #708373 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

"The maximum regular salary in the G League was around $26,000" Sounds like you know sweet f all anonymous.

Reply #708429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's $7000 per month US plus living exspences with the chance of call ups to the nba, not great but useful enough to hang around if you back yourself to get into the big dance. Will also open up doors for euro league clubs.

Reply #708443 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Casey Prather is currently playing Euroleague and earned more than that last season in the NBL. Your point?

Reply #708446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The point is it's more than 26g and it could lead to nba if you want to tough it out. If Creek thinks he’s good enough he can hang in there and hopefully get nba call up. As I said it also can lead to euro league, and Prather team has the highest paid player in the league, 4 million US per season.

Reply #708449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought creek had the type of deal where you get paid more for playing g league

Reply #708453 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

He toughed it out in the NBL and gained an NBA opportunity. The gleague is full of chuckers its horrible basketball. People play for themselves not for the team. He can always go to the gleague in March when the NBL season finishes...

Reply #708454 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Im guessing this year isnt about making money for him.
Amazes me that people don't understand this. Bit like looking at someone spending $x0k on uni for a few years and saying "But they could make $x0k more working in retail!"

Anyway, I suspect we'll see him at the new Melbourne team.

Adelaide's off-season actions have been so insanely shortsighted.

Reply #708729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

be interesting to see what Sth Melbourne can put together.

Reply #708731 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I also think that although he may be giving up salary this year, he is raising his NBL price.

So when he does come back to the NBL, I think teams will pay him big money (more than what he was on with Adelaide) - and so he"ll recoup back a lot, if not all, of any money lost this year.

And that's even assuming he's stuck on a G-League roster for the full year.

Whilst some say what he is doing is a risky move; I can't see any risk. IMO, heaps to gain, and worse case scenario, nothing to lose (except for some money this year which he will make back anyway so nil loss)

Reply #708753 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Whether he cracks the NBA or not this season staying one season in the G league isn't going to hurt his future prospects.

He is possibly already a number one target for new Melb club.

Reply #708755 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:15 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754