NBL Fan
Years ago

DeLeon - is it crucial for the Sixers replace him?

Is it crucial to Adelaide's chances of a title that they find an upgrade on DeLeon?

Topic #44039 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

I was wondering when we'd get out first "Adelaide should sack an import" thread.

Reply #708272 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Even before a sack Gaze thread.

Reply #708273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are we taking about a upgrade on Teys

Reply #708275 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

It's a general question... it seems he isn't going to have the endurance to perform during the doubleheaders. Ridiculous signing for a club coming off a near championship.

Reply #708277 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Yes

Reply #708281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He isn't very good but Wiley can't be cheap so maybe that's all they could afford

Reply #708286 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Would LOVE to have Melo Trimble. Reckon he fits perfect within the Sixers system.

Reply #708288 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Sixers just had an awesome road win against the championship favorites and he played his role. If you are calling for him to be replaced obviously you are a moron.

Reply #708304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moron's, you don’t know the salaries and what you can get for the payments on offer! He’s the best value for money out of all the imports in the league. The real question is Bogut and how much he’s getting paid vs output.

Reply #708322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If his role is dribbling too much and chucking up shit - yes he did his role!

Reply #708323 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

Tough to say after one outing. I personally didn't really like his going outside the offence. Even though Moore was a bit substandard, I didn’t feel like he was detrimental to the rhythm of the team on offence. DeLeon could be a good spark off the bench and win you a game or two, but he could also get you buried with some poor decisions. Even though Shorter had his deficiencies, he played a great role, and whilst Wiley is similar in role to what Childress played (disregarding experience and resume), DeLeon does not really fill the hole left by Shorter. I’m willing to give him more time, but I’d like to see him more in control and less reckless.

Reply #708336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

James said "Sixers just had an awesome road win against the championship favorites and he played his role. If you are calling for him to be replaced obviously you are a moron."
James, mate. If you think the Kings are championship favourites, you are a moron.

Reply #708343 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

His role is to play within Joeys system and I don't believe chucking up clunkers willy nilly is Joey's mantra - calling people names over the internet makes you look like a sad individual...

Reply #708360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Moron's, you don't know the salaries and what you can get for the payments on offer! He’s the best value for money out of all the imports in the league. "

Fancy starting a comment by calling people morons, saying they don't know the salaries, then backing up these statements by saying he is best value for money. lol. If you don't know the salaries, how he is best value for money?

Reply #708376 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Anonymous you should check the betting agencys for nbl19 contenders and read media reviews for the season.
NBL fan it is a moron comment to suggest someone should lose their job because they haven't perfectly fitted into a new role in a new team after a few games. For a backup veteran point guard which the team needs and for probably the lower end of the budget who would you replace him with?

Reply #708377 | Report this post

Well you don't sign an import to play 11 minutes.

Reply #708379 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

James out here acting like the outcome of this discussion will result in the 36ers taking immediate action. Its a forum, it's full of peoples opinions, which they are entitled too. It won't influence Adelaide in any way shape or form, see Ebi Ere... the only moronic thing in this discussion is you not letting people give their opinion on deleon. Heres mine, he is that teammate that tells you explicitly what we need to do, then goes and does the opposite the next two plays... even the commentators are calling it, one highlight followed by two bonehead plays

Reply #708389 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

In the 3-import era, not all teams have signed 3 guns. Most have only 2. Joey did well last season with a squad that emphasised quality at depth, and that's what he's looking for in his imports.

Look, sure, in some teams you easily point the finger and say Import X is a hired gun, brought in to lead the scoring, so ok we need to do better.
But we've also seen teams bring in bargain-basement imports to play a role. I don't know any better than anyone else, but I would guess he's more towards the budget end of the spectrum.

Sydney aren't favourites, but they are still stacked, and beating them at home was a good achievement. So Sixers fans should back Joey's judgement for a bit longer.

Reply #708406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because i do know the salaries, moron

Reply #708412 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

DeLeon played 11 min.
Teys played 8 min.

All depends on what sort of contribution level they expect from their 3rd import.

Reply #708415 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Teys and Doyle played. Still beat Sydney in Sydney backing up after a previous game.

Reply #708416 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He's the third guard behind Sobey and Moore, so he doesn't have to be a star but he's effectiveness will come down to whether he hits an ok clip.

With Moore in foul trouble against Perth he did the spark plug role he's been brought in for, hitting three triples and scoring 11 in 18 minutes with a couple of assists to be +9 in an eight-point loss.

Against Sydney he missed a couple of pull-ups he can nail and his three-ball didn't drop, so he ends with 6p in 11 minutes on 2/7 and two assists and -2 in an 11-point win.

Moore and Sobey were playing well so they took the majority of guard minutes, it will be different on different nights. It's too early to make a call on him for mine.

Reply #708419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DeLeon will be the First Ever import sacked this season.

Reply #708424 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Dropped in for Anon comments in this train wreck.

"Moron's," did not disappoint.

Amazing's,

Reply #708561 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

J you are a moron if you think i think the Sixers would pay attention to this thred and cut/sign a player on the opinions made here.

Reply #708583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cedric Jackson is well ahead of DeLeon for first sacked import

Reply #708668 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

"Thred"

This is amazing's,

Reply #708676 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well you don't sign an import to play 11 minutes.
Why not?

A lot of imports are getting meagre minutes. Jett and Jackson about 20. Wear not far off. Moore sometimes similar. Boone played 18 against the Breakers. Moore played 12 in that game, Long fouled out in 17. Egwu played less than 9 against Cairns. Richard 15-16 against Brisbane.

DeLeon didn't look too bad. Speed and effort are there. Over-judging third-string imports is a bit like using all your trades shuffling $250k bench players in fantasy.

Reply #708727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im not against the import coming off the bench. Just Deleon isn't the correct import. 3x he shot the ball without any other teammates getting a touch. We’ve lost creek/Childress who were both willing passers and could get easy buckets.
With that kind of talent gone I’d be looking at running some plays (not iso ball).
Because there will be a time when sobey/Johnson can’t do it all.

Reply #708733 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

find that Deleon dribbles the ball too long not going anywhere and then can't find a shot or drive, gives the ball up to someone else with the shot clock now running down.

Reply #708772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^
He's not on his own there, describes lots of point guards of losing sides.

Reply #708775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bump

Reply #709639 | Report this post

Years ago

Er.... is it time to delete this thread ? THTG

Reply #709644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The experts yet again wrong

Reply #709689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thread has not aged well

Reply #709691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just shows you that people are happy to judge way too early. He's had a break out game and congrats and let's hope that continues.

Reply #709698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As homicide would say: too hard to guard!!!

Reply #709704 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:16 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754