Take Luck
Years ago

20 div 1 GF

has the game been posponed as Zane, Greg, Llyal and Big Will as of today are in singapore with the ABL side. Seems a little soft if the game is played with 1 side extreamly undermaned.

Topic #4404 | Report this topic

Cosmo  
Years ago

Well if that is true its a bit stupid of Woodville to schedule their trip when junior Grand Finals are on, or they obviously dont think much of their juniors and thought they wouldnt have made the gf. The dates have been set for ages and a reshedule would be a joke!

Reply #51166 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Cosmo, it was an all-expenses paid invite. Why would they knock it back?

Reply #51167 | Report this post

Cosmo  
Years ago

fair enough, but feel sorry for norwood who could have feilded a full side in the gf, if woodville new they couldnt fill a full side they should have forfited and let norwood play.

Reply #51169 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

your a tool. if a national association askes you to play against them and they will pay for u to come, u dont argue about dates, it when do u want us there. sour grapes there cosmo...

Reply #51190 | Report this post

choc wheaten  
Years ago

its a non contest anyway, North have had it in the bag even before all those guys left

Reply #51219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

unlucky woodville

Reply #51231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if that was the case, and woodville knew before the finals, why did they compete in them?

Reply #51337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

because they could.

Reply #51343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whose gonna fill the gaps? not that it really matters, north have it in the bag without the abl players

Reply #51344 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

Cosmo, you are a massive tool.
There is no way Woodville should have gave Norwood the win, to suggest that in a final to play for the GF, that it is right to give the team a win is just wrong.

My prediction: If the game is postponed, Woodville will win

If the game is not postponed, Woodville will win

Reply #51346 | Report this post

House  
Years ago

Now who is the tool sir spark, how can you say Woodville will win, North have been and are the best team in that comp, they one state champs emphatically, and have looked the goods since only lossing a couple of games according to sporting pulse, so to say woodville would win no matter what, is a tool of the week statement. Think what cosmo was saying is if they knew they couldnt compete in the final then maybe they could have missed it, i do agree though that you wouldnt pass up on a finals opp.

Reply #51350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just goes to show that you can buy a senior side, but the costs go deeper than dollars.

It's possibly gonna cost them a shot at a junior title.

Reply #51371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Life can be short, so finals may come and go but an all expense trip overseas may never come their way again.I dont think it was a hard choice.Do you!

Reply #51381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're all stupid. Why wouldn't Woodville compete in the finals? Getting to the grand final and losing is better than not making it.

North will obviously win it if Woodville only have 6 players. But to say that North have dominated is crap... Who won Summer, who won Norwood carni.

And as if Woodville can be blamed for taking up the opportunity to send some of it's juniors to play overseas. It's just unfortunate that it coincided with the juniors GF.

Reply #51434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't think North played the Norwood carnival

Reply #51458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats correct north didnt compete in the norwood carnival, and who cares about summer season everyone knows that means nothing, the real competitions are state champs and the end of season GF

Reply #51466 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Get the Magic boys together for 1 last Woodville game
By the way, The Woodville / Norwood Prelim was a tough hard-fought game and great to watch a great effort by both teams

Reply #51470 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Ive Played Agaisnt Both teams .. And north have the big name players .. and would be Favourites but to say its in the Bag is unfair ... Woodville play well as a team and will give north more then a run for there money ...

Reply #51487 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

yeah so after all that shit. is the game still on or not? the meeting was last night to my knolage, so if anyone can give me a clue it would be nice...

Reply #51521 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

House, it is my responsibility to have faith in my team, even if it is a toolish comment...so we are going balls out for the win!

Good on you for at least realising its better to play and lose than to not play at all though

Reply #51540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

game is on but woodville are allowed to play an under 18, gavin kargins in the game

Reply #51551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why is he allowed to play? because all the abl guys are in singapore? sorta special circumstances or something.

Reply #51570 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

remember in the past grand finals have been allowed to be postponed when north and southern have had players out due to state commitements. i know that it was juniors and this is seniors but still, i feel some Leniency should be shown. dont we want the two best teams out in the grand final. and to say that north had it in the bag is crap woodville lost to em this finals series by 4 pts and won the summer season. now that atleast shows that this game could have gone either way.

Reply #51574 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

i dont think north would like to get a cheap win. im pretty sure theyd rather face a full strength woodville, coz if they win this game its tarnished for them.

Reply #51576 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:58 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754