Making own NBL fantasy

Just wondering if anyone has ever started they're own NBL fantasy league from scratch? Like having a draft, import caps, trades etc..
I think it would be a fun way to catch up with friends who lIke ball and it would be harder than just everyone picking the same players

Topic #44051 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was one years ago, like a decade ago. It was a website operated by a fan. Can't remember the name though. After that no one bothered as the league finally launched official ones.

Your nickname if it's an NBL reference... Skeletor = John Rillie; Beastmen = who?

Reply #708684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh you mean a real draft with no duplicated players. There was FNBL on here and other forums back in the day with drafts, even up to last season or the season before but they've died.

Originally I thought you were asking if a fan had ever created and run their own fantasy team website.

Reply #708685 | Report this post

Yeah no duplicates of players, a proper draft and a cap on imports. I reckon it would be go fun.

Reply #708693 | Report this post

And no meaning behind the name either just abit of fun

Reply #708694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well as I said there was one on here up until last season. A keeper league in fact.

Reply #708702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You could start a thread with one to begin before Round 2 but you would need rules etc. and scoring system prepared.

Reply #708703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And I love playing in it..it still exists

http://fnbl1819.red-dingo.com.au/

Reply #708711 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Yup, we're still running our Keeper League as well as a secondary league for a few randoms and other GMs that wanted to try a league from scratch...

The Keeper aspect of it is pretty fun, and a couple of seasons ago we introduced conditional trades for future draft rounds as well...

If anyone wanted to set up another League of 6, we have a FB page as well where we manage everything through, it's just the draft that we do online, it's all managed through FB (as it's just a dodgy "I wonder if I can do this?" website), 12hr draft window, rotisserie scoring, fairly standard...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/570991299704548/

It would be interesting to see how people would draft now, after the first round as there have been some good and bad mixed results so far...

Reply #708715 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I used to enjoy the "proper" fantasy with a draft ran here.

If there's scope for another league of 6 I'm keen!

Reply #708736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why was FNBL not promoted on here before the season tipped off? Odd.

Reply #708750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh OzPoops. WTF, didn't realise it still existed.

Reply #708751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We actually don't run it at all there anymore....it’s totally via the Draftboard and a FB vroup

Reply #708759 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

"Why was FNBL not promoted on here before the season tipped off? Odd."

Because the site didn't open until like 5 days before the season started.

Reply #708838 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I'd be keen to do a draft league again if we wanted to give it another go. Here or the FB group option.

Reply #708839 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

I'm just testing out a new model to try to tidy it up a bit from things we've moved on from... If anyone is keen on joining and playing (I'll play again, so that means 5 spots available) I should hopefully have it up and running by this afternoon if anyone new wants to join the FB page or express an interest... For those who want to join, it's run through the FB page post-draft, so will need to join there to post trades and changes and the inevitable free agent signings, etc...

Reply #708926 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754