Anonymous
Years ago

Brisbane Home Stadium Review

Attended first home game of season & disappointing performance by NBL standards:

Program: no mention of away team or list of away team players or names. Had photos and names of cheerleaders and home team though.

Video Screens: 2 large screen both showing excellent replays. No mention of team line up's, names or numbers. No indication of points scored or fouls per player.

Seats at end of stadium are located underneath these screens & cannot see scores.

Scores went back to zero at some stages, also scores put on wrong teams consistently, needing game to stop for referees to clarify.

For a league that wants to be professional a lot of work needed while understanding this is first game of season

Topic #44054 | Report this topic

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Brisbane is also ugly on TV and the lack of filled seats doesn't make it better either. I think maybe the NBL need to accept that Brisbane isn't going to happen.

Reply #708807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In a perfect world the Bullets would be able to play all of their home games in front of 10,000+ crowds at the Entertainment Centre. Have to agree with ME that the Convention Centre looks ugly and quite frankly small for the NBL.

Reply #708853 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I think maybe the NBL need to accept that Brisbane isn't going to happen.
If Brisbane fails, Fox will walk, taking most sponsors with them. The league won't survive that.

Reply #708866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Library.

Reply #708870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It seems amazing that Hobart/Tasmania seem to busting to get a team in the nbl and they are getting shunned. I reliase that there waiting on the DEC decision but instead of nbl trying to help they seem be throwing in spinners.
Most leagues in the world have large and smaller population centres.

Reply #708871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That perfect world was in the late 80s/early 90s.

Then we had the appalling running of the Bullets since the mid 90s which has created a long lasting legacy.

Reply #708873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The scoreboard issues weren't human error, there was an issue with the system. Hanging in there for the Brisbane Live development at Roma Street.

Reply #708886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also, the stats would also usually be on one of the screens, but said issues.

Boondall obviously much bigger, but so far out of town, and 6:30 tip off times don't work out there, especially mid-week

Reply #708888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lk's Bullets are pathetic in every regard.

Reply #708891 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Fwiw, Brisbane playing at Southbank as they're receiving a very generous hiring rate.

No such rate offered out at Boondall. All about the $$$ which is fair enough.

The game night presentation is on management though and Saturday night was embarrassing. Watching all games in Round 1, it’s apparent Sydney / Melbourne / Perth are the benchmarks that other teams should aspire to.

Reply #708899 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

I just get a really boring vibe from the whole Brisbane organisation. They need to focus less on winning and more on entertaining. Brisbane was great in the high scoring Kerle/Loggins days. That style suits that city. Each team needs a style that is identifiable. Brisbane are just a 'meh' team playing a vanilla style.

Reply #708904 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Oh there can be no doubt that Brisband is the most boring team and identity in the league.

Reply #708905 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Brisbane have pretty much only just returned but bloody hell do they feel stale and it's not to do with recycling Cairns players or NZ off court staff.

I thoroughly enjoyed them playing opening night in NZ and seeing Gliddon go off but playing at home you could tell before tip off that they just had a totally different vibe to the team, and they played like they were out of sorts too!

Reply #708910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They're a horrible (and boring) placeholder team. There has never been a more pointless team in the NBL apart from it being in a major media market.

Reply #708912 | Report this post

Anon5765  
Years ago

Um not sure who told you they are getting generous rate:

$63k for Southbank per game with zero revenue share on food and drink.
$38k for Boondall per game with % share on food and drink

Reply #708992 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

They South Bank arena deal is much better for them as they claim they lose money at Boondall but not Southbank

Reply #709007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is Brisbane Live?

Reply #709038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's kind of like Brisbane 2K but just not as much fun

Reply #709039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huh?

Reply #709040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$63k is not bad. If you sell 3000 seats per game, then you are washing your face

Reply #709057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Government chips in for them to play at Southbank, that's probably the 'generous rate’.

Reply #709086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbanelive dot com dot au

Reply #709087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again issues with scoreboard last night at Brisbane game. If supposed new scoring system is clearly not working, lets go back to old one which worked okay.

Again at different times last night scores blanked out & fouls also.

Doesn't seem good enough.

Reply #711093 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754