Poor 2-1 start to the season
Just looking at the Cairns v Sixers stats and am amazed that we have a 2-1 record so early on.
Some points to consider:
- Wille Farley is shooting 35% from the floor and 27% behind the arc to start the season.
- Paul Rees has only 1 rebound over 3 games and is shooting 38% (his worst season thus far he shot at 48% from the floor).
- Brad Hill after having a terrible FG% to start the season only registered 3 minutes on the weekend scoring 5 points on 2 of 3 shooting. Is he injured?
- Mark Nash is shooting at 35% and 14% behind the three point line.
- Oscar is shooting the ball at 28% and 20% (after leading the league at 48% last season).
Drawing on the above statistics you would think Adelaide is 0-3 instead on 2-1. Adelaide seemed to be using a new kind of motion offence against the Tigers in the pre-season (with ball movement stopping as soon as it reached Farley) and clearly whatever they are running isn't giving the guys great looks is the percentages are anything to judge by. Must be good D winning the Sixers matches.
The only players having a good season by their standards are:
- Dusty with 23ppg and 13rpg at 56%.
- Jacob with 14ppg, 9rpg and 2apg at 54%, (his best season previous being 41%).
So it looks like the Sixers have a lot of improvement left in them.