Michael Crumpler
Years ago

Round 2 : Kings v 36'ers - Who will win?

Morning to you all (y'all),

Well after the very poor F-ort of the Kings last week I know alot of you are worried that their season is already over.

So I throw it out to the crowd: who win tonights game and how much do you think?

Me: I think the 36'ers will roll over the Kings again; this time by 14+ points.

Bless

Michael "Moonshot" Crumpler

Topic #44073 | Report this topic

Shayno  
Years ago

Both teams overhyped, the winner will be from who wins the willey vs wear matchup

Reply #709337 | Report this post

Michael Crumpler  
Years ago

Shayno, I agree

Bo-GUT looked uninterested last round and I expect more of the same until he leaves the team mid-season.

Gaze will implode after a handfull of losses

Kings will be 0-3 by the time they meet the mitey Taipans in Round 3

Take Randell out of the lineup and they are a horrid, horrid, side

I was disgusted by the way they played in round 1.

Reply #709339 | Report this post

SirBastian  
Years ago

'So I throw it out to the crowd: who win tonights game and how much do you think?'

-I think you will find the game is tomorrow night.

Reply #709341 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Adelaide trio of Deleon, Teys and Doyle will be too good for Adnam and Wilson.

Reply #709343 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

36ers by 10, because:

1. Bogut is looking like an old, tired, and slow, - a Kings media hype gone bad.

2. Joey will not let Randle go crazy again.

3. Lisch is 1/2 the player he used to be 2/9.

4. Wear is "nowear" as good a Wiley.

5. Gaze no idea - should be playing Deng Deng and Deng Acouth vs DJ.

Reply #709349 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sydney really need to make this season count.

Andrew Gaze will go down as the best Aussie to play NBL, but that doesn't mean he will be the best coach. Seems the best coaches (in any sport) are not the stars, but those second tier players who have to struggle hard and find themselves on the fringe.

He was out coached by Joey and he band of merry men (and woman) in R1. Didn't Split End have a song about history repeating?

Bogie might need a game or two to settle into the rhythm of the NBL.

Adelaide is now making violet crumbles again, and Sydney will add to the production levels

Reply #709350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings to come back 0-3. Gaze and JVG immediately on the hot seat.

Reply #709351 | Report this post

Food for thought (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I think more likely than Bogut leaving midseason is him pulling strings and having Gaze pushed out. But I also think Adelaide wins tomorrow by 6.

Reply #709353 | Report this post

Laura Norder  
Years ago

It was so good if the 36ers can do it again. I think most of the country will be cheering for them to take down goliath a second time. I sure will be.

Reply #709354 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Due to the competitiveness of the league any team can win which is a great thing.

I think Sydney will win. They will make the adjustment on DJ with probably Kickett playing more minutes on him. They will also play Bogut more on the block. He will score more and will also look to try to get DJ into foul trouble. Sydney shot at 37%, they will shoot better. Sixers only had 4 turnovers, they will have more. Bowen won't be as effective this game but I expect Lisch, Newley and Bogut will step it up.

Sydney playing away from home will have less pressure which should relax them more.

Reply #709355 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Bogut played well last game but doesn't have the legs to play big minutes any more. He also doesn't match up well at all with Adelaide where DJ is mobile and creative, Wiley seems even faster, and Froling is agile for his size.

They'd be expecting more from Lisch and Newley. Randle is hard to contain whatever you do.

Home crowd should help Adelaide over the line.

Reply #709356 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

36ers win, basically Randle vs the 36ers. Lisch and Bogut too old, Gaze terrible, not enough minutes to Kickert and Bowen who can actually help Randle.

Reply #709358 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Last season here , we guarded Randle pretty good , mostly it was Sobey guarding him,
although Jerome wasn't 100 percent fit that game .
I guess 36ers will try to do the same agen here .

Reply #709362 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

"They will also play Bogut more on the block. He will score more and will also look to try to get DJ into foul trouble. Sydney shot at 37%, they will shoot better. Sixers only had 4 turnovers, they will have more. Bowen won't be as effective this game but I expect Lisch, Newley and Bogut will step it up"

LOL. I'm been saying this all pre-season and EXPECTED these hyped-up big name players to step up in the first game, but I'm afraid they are too old.

Kings will be 0-3.

Reply #709365 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Even if you play Wear on DJ, that leaves Bogut to avoid foul trouble containing Wiley. Maybe it works given Bogut has so much experience, but he's a step slower and the refs aren't there to give him an easy road because he's Bogut.

Reply #709371 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The played Wear on DJ for a fair chunk the other day. That was the match-up in the last quarter when Wiley went whack whack from 3 and the game swung.

Then Bogut is still standing off Wiley so Sobey uses him for a give-and-go hand-off and blows by Bogut for the score. Few possessions later Bogut stands way off Wiley setting the on-ball so Sobey pulls up and cans it.

Bogut is an excellent team defender, but the best way to target them is to make them play individual defence. Collingwood did it with Alex Rance, Opals' opponents did it with Penny Taylor in Rio, on their day some NBL teams even manage to do it with Martin.

If the rest of the team D is switched on it's hard to do, but if that breaks down one of your best defenders can become a liability on that night.

Reply #709378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings have really got to look at locking Teys down.

Reply #709379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you looked closely the Sixers went at Bogut almost exclusively in the last qtr., especially in the last few minutes. Either by going through the man he is guarding or having that guy set screens. Bogut doesn't play D....period. Blocking the odd shot is not playing good defence.

Reply #709408 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"He was out coached by Joey and he band of merry men (and woman) in R1."

This. 100% And it's not even the x's and o's (even though he appears to be rubbish at those as well). Joey coached the hell out of the last quarter last week and what was Gaze doing? Standing with his arms folded and his bottom lip quivering or sitting on the advertising sign and staring at the floor. He barely said a word. As soon as the game gets close he fkn gives up! I don't care about his playing credentials, as a coach he's an embarrassment. Any success the kings might have this season will be in spite of him, not because of him

Reply #709414 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Could just about cut & paste my comments on this:

Despite his hot temper, Joey is a bloody good coach. Gaze isn't. End of story.

Matchup of Bogut & DJ, in Adelaide, will be farcical. Anyone know what the NBL record is for fouling out?
I reckon Bogut will be benched, with 3 fouls, within the first 4.5 minutes, assuming he can make it that far.

Reply #709454 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Do you realise that Bogut was switched off Johnson last Saturday? No guarantee they'll spend too much time in a direct match-up. We will see tonight.

Reply #709497 | Report this post

Jon Hurford  
Years ago

What time is this one on- is if free-to-air?

Reply #709550 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:42 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754