auballer
Years ago

Andrew Gaze Competency

Adelaide was lights out from the 3 point line and during a Kings timeout Gaze acknowledged this and then told the team to stay in a 2-3 zone. A 2-3 zone is usually used to protect inside the three point line against a poor shooting team. Decision like this from Gaze make me uncertain about his coaching abilities even at a basic level.

Comments and thoughts welcome...

Topic #44090 | Report this topic

Food for thought (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The fact that Gaze can't coach is about as proven as the theory of gravity right about now, and it pains me to watch people suffer, including Bogut and Gaze, while JVG and the halfwits at the Kings allow the charade to continue.

Reply #709715 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Syracuse play 99% in their 2-3 zone, their opponents know their zone, and they every year hold opponents to nearly the lowest 3pt % in their conference.

I'm not saying Gazes zone is effective or his application on a zone is good, but saying a zone gives up 3s is only true when not practiced properly. A good zone with recognition of where the shooters are can be a weapon to reduce opponents 3pt effectiveness.

Reply #709724 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Biggest mistake was leaving Bogut on the floor when picked up his second foul. You could see him turn around to Copeland, obviously thinking about sitting him, but chose not to, and 30 seconds later Bogut gets his third with some stupidity. Bad coaching. If it was his first or second season you could let that go. Joey sits his players.

Reply #709729 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

JVG is the problem in Sydney. If the place is managed like a shit fight, then these will be the results Sydney cough up.

Gaze needs to go, no doubt about that part, but if it was my cash supporting Sydney, JVG gone first. 2 weeks later without wins, the whole coaching staff.

You are not getting a solid coach when JVG is at your club

Reply #709739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly right FM, JVG can only see offensive players, they need to realise that you need team first guys as well as superstars, he can't see the wood in the forest.

Reply #709746 | Report this post

BVL  
Years ago

HMMM. theyll probably be 0-3 by the end of this weekend. The first thing that has to happen is to swap Ware for a more athletic import.

Heal got it right comparing him to a poor mans Kickert.

They needed more run last night as they have enough 3 point shooting options.

Reply #709785 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:28 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754