Anonymous
Years ago

GAZE CAN'T COACH

I have seen so many coaches who have no clue on how to build a winning culture and Gaze is very poor to say the least. Terrible subs terrible play calling and his time out talks are the worst. He should be fired TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All that talent and 0-2 Not good enough Mate!!!!!!!

Topic #44092 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what's new? Another topic devoted to stuff we already know. They won't sack him and 3 years under Gaze is yet another failed era of the Kings. Get used to another long season.

Reply #709742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We've had 10 of these already, including one started today. Give it a break, Gaze is still Australia’s greatest player and knows basketball. Gaze problems are the way the side is put together and JVG to let any one else make decision on roster. Have a look at the bench, most should be dp, occasionally some bench guys can score points but none can defend. The starters are ageing and also very offensive minded.

Reply #709745 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

They are two games into the season. Got beaten some hot shooters. Their first five are starting to get some game time together. I think they can go to NZL and get that game. Randle needs to give back to Bogut what he gets given.

Reply #709748 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

0-2 that is catastrophic!!!

Reply #709750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like father like son. Lindsay couldn't coach just sat there did nothing and hoped his stacked line up could get titles for him and for the amount of years he coached to only win a couple of titles is very underachieving. As for son andrew he is the opposite, likes to get involved in the match but tactically he just doesn't have it. None of his teams have ever done any good. When he coached tigers in big v/seabl they were always near the bottom.
I suppose it doesn't hel when he has an assistant who is even worse than him in copeland. I played against copeland's team when he was coach of sunbury and we smacked them by 40 he made no changes during the game.

Reply #709751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Copeland doesn't look the right fit but Luke Kendall mows his stuff, if you could prise Neilson away from Perth with Kendal would be ideal.

Reply #709757 | Report this post

EYW  
Years ago

"0-2 that is catastrophic". What's his win loss percentage over the years sunshine? Any good? Does it suggest he has any coaching talent at all?! #moroniccomment

Reply #709920 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

I am aware of Gaze's coaching record dipshit.
My comment is based on overreaction after 2 games.
#fuckenidiot.

Reply #709924 | Report this post

Umm those two losses came against Adelaide, a team many 'experts' aren’t predicting to make playoffs. Dude we ain’t judging him on two games we are judging him on two seasons + 2 games. Like lisch randle and Newley weren’t enough they got and get bogut and still can’t win. Come on mate something not right there is it.

Reply #709927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad Kings days indeed. Some tipped Adelaide as bottom ffs. Oh they are only 0-2. Please grow a pair with the money paid the talent isn't delivering. Gaze says Bogut will get better. Shame Gaze can't. JVG as alluded to before is the problem. Thet go to the Summer League for a holiday. Never pick up any serious new talent and quite frankly as a long time Kings supporter I am over it.

Reply #709933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Following consecutive losses to Adelaide, the pressure is mounting on the Kings.
If Andrew Gaze's men fail to beat the Breakers, they’ll be staring down the barrel of the most consecutive losses to start a season in franchise history."

Reply #709939 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Some tipped Adelaide as bottom ffs."

Some people who obviously haven't been following the NBL any time recently!

Reply #709952 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Doesn't matter, Bogut is coaching them if you haven’t noticed.

Reply #710009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought Gaze was very good today, his last time re getting sloppy on defence and keeping breakers under 80 was exactly what was required. He used the bench much better as well.

Reply #710012 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754