Cats 4 life
Years ago

Homicide

Jokes aside, I've never heard or seen a commentator like the way he is? Been brought up many times but I find his bringing the game down with his bs about Perth especially.

Bring's down the league the way he goes about it.

Topic #44098 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

absolute flog

Reply #709884 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

As long as people keep feeding the troll, he's going to have a job.

Reply #709888 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

He's got nothing else (apart from insightful comments like "New York City in the house tonight")

I can tolerate him now because I’ve realized that they have two commentators on the broadcast plus a broken down comedian who got a laugh with a line about 5 years ago and has been pushing it ever since. Have to feel sorry for him really.

Reply #709889 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

You feed him because it does your head in! His a troll but he brings it to the broadcast which baffles me that they let him go on about the pathetic things he says.

Reply #709891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Makes complete sense.

Perth have a stronghold of fans. Vocal, emotional, at times stupid and blind one eyed fans.

So he just pokes the bear. He can afford to be so blatant about it because no ones going to stop watching. They'll just keep getting "outraged" and talking about him and the league.

As a perth fan, it's actually hilarious watching how triggered some of the "red army" get. I wish were there were another name for these fans!

Reply #709892 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Never heard a commentator in any other league talk about a team or fan's the way he does. Our product is going so well on the court. Commentators need to promote not provoke a team's supporters.

Reply #709895 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

End of the day, particularly with a "minority" sport like NBL, telecasts are aimed primarily at other fans. Brisbane fans (all six of them) and fans of other teams that like to watch games. Not at Perth fans.
In reality such a concept is probably skewed with Perth v Brisbane, but even there the NBL would rather grow the Brisbane fanbase.

For me, its sad, I feel the Wildcats have always been a great organisation with strong community and family values.
But we have to face facts, for the rest of the country we are the Collingwood of the NBL.

Reply #709902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was pretty funny today on Twitter (yes I follow him, just so I can troll back, it's pretty funny calling him out on stupid things he says), most fans have named him "pesticide". :D

Best thing us Cats can do is keep winning, however that won't stop him saying the things he does. Fair enough he has an opinion about us season long, but he's such a dumbarse he'll keep spitting shit even if Cats go undefeated 10 games in a row, and Cotton averaging over 25pts. The other commentators will get sick of it and start calling him out too.

Reply #709904 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The other commentators know who signs their paycheques.

Reply #709906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The thing is though, the NBL wants to go "big time" and be big on FTA and the "second best league in the world". Perhaps they should look at the broadcasts of the top sporting leagues in the world. They do not contain trolls and they do not contain mug hosts. Right now we have a niche commentary product. If we aim to be "best in class", we need to lift that. I was disappointed NBL did not recognise this from last season and instead just brought back the same old crew.

Reply #709910 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The powers that be are quite convinced that he's a good thing for the broadcast, and they become more convinced of this the more people talk about him whether good or bad.

So don't feed the troll.

Reply #709912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL . Either put Homicide in his place or terminate his contract. The league does not need this type of biased opinionated commentary.

Reply #709916 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You realise the NBL is encouraging him, right?

Stop. Feeding. The. Troll.

Reply #709917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Used to hate him, but I can tolerate him now. Says some stupid stuff but once you accept him for what he is there for and just embrace the troll and meme that he is, he's tolerable

Reply #709918 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

As a perth fan, it's actually hilarious watching how triggered some of the "red army" get. I wish were there were another name for these fans!

Yeah I kinda agree with this. An embarrassing proportion of "us" get sucked in hard by the guy, so of course he's going to keep pressing their buttons.
It can be amusing to witness though.

Reply #709921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love him. Its only Perth fans sooking. Who are the most arrogant fans in Australia. Tasting your own medicine and you dont like it.

Reply #709922 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Absolute wang chomper of a commentator.

NBA has analysts like Doris who have INTEGRITY. NBL has footy bozos and this troll and it is holding the league back.

Reply #709926 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

It's not about Perth, it's the thing's he saying is not professional. Never hear an AFL commentator bag Collingwood?

Arrogant? When you have high standards it's what you expect as a club and the money we pay you expect to get your money's worth.

His a toss!

Reply #709930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"You realise the NBL is encouraging him, right?"

Yep. They put him on as many broadcasts as possible. I guess they consider him the key man to their broadcast product.

Reply #709931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The league believes Homicide and Heal are genuine celebrities, which is why they dominate the coverage. Guaranteed the two of them will be doing most of the playoffs and all of the Grand Final series. Forget the fact that Corey is not an analyst in any sense of the word and is all about his Stephen A Smith schtick nor that Heal is a dreadful commentator with a predilection for pumping up anyone his talent agency represents or who he is personally involved with in some way. These two need to go but they yell the loudest in their own way so we are stuck with them unfortunately.

Reply #709953 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Any player that enters into a business deal with Heal must be intensely stupid.

Reply #709962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide is ok. He is paid to add entertainment value. A lot of fans outside of Perth actually appreciate him standing up to the biased likes of Reid and Redhage etc Dont take it all too seriously all part of the entertainment package.

Reply #709965 | Report this post

Food for thought (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I don't know about you guys, but I watch basketball to be entertained. I don't care if what he says is offensive or unprofessional, and I don't care if Shane Heal is a bit of a wanker, they both entertain me so I watch. Oh I am sure you'll get more insight from Matt McQuade, but do you really want to hear him say "WWWWROOOAWWWRRRWWWRRWWW" after a "Cammy Gliddon" open lay up? Yeah, no thanks. I'm also not trying to hear two hours of Cam Tradgardh making obscure dad jokes.

Reply #709967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whether you like Perth and or not, its completely amateur for the league to employ him just so he can try and rile up Perth fans. Between that, the first ever ads and the NBL Twitter feed during matches, the NBL marketing needs a hell of a lot of improvement.

Reply #709985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McQuade is really bad

Reply #710029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage isn't really that bad he’s actually quite professional

Reply #710609 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Redhage single-handedly saved the broadcast on the weekend. Huddo seemed to have nothing to say most of the game, and Homicide has nothing to say unless he's disagreeing with someone.

Reply #710619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I find the Redhage-homicide interactions uncomfortable. Redhage is always up for banter but Williams just rails on him. There were a couple of times Redhage made a joke or a sarcastic comment and Williams flat out said he wasn't funny. I laughed as did lachy.

Reply #710626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage is so whitebread and boring. Who selects NBL commentators?

Reply #710674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought it was odd Huddo did a Perth game. Is Lachy barred from doing the channel 9 games?

Reply #710698 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:40 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754