koberulz
Years ago

Sunday Triple Header

Three games, three different channels:

NZ vs Sydney, 505

Melbourne vs Adelaide, 500

Cairns vs Illawarra, 503

They're not making audience retention very easy this year.

Topic #44099 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

1- online
2- nine go
3- online.

Looking forward to a enjoyable afternoon, hopefully some great games.

Reply #709958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All 3 games are available to watch back to back to back. Its not that big of a deal that you have to pick up a remote control in between games. Good problem to have if this is a genuine issue for yourself as a fan of the NBL.

Reply #709964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not to mention these games are competing for eyeballs against some of the NBA's biggest stars, including LeBron’s L.A. Lakers home debut...

Reply #709966 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Good problem to have if this is a genuine issue for yourself as a fan of the NBL.
It's a problem for me because I'm out this morning and due to the three different channels had to adjust how much post-game padding I gave my recordings, but I was mostly thinking about the casual viewer who might leave the TV on and keep watching, but is unlikely to channel-hop to follow the NBL around.

Reply #709969 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Melbourne v Adelaide is the pick of the games today for sure.
Grand final rematch will be free flowing.

Reply #709971 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

It's not really the biggest issue, they have to be on all different channels as Fox now really only has 2 channels for all other sports apart from Fox League, Fox footy and the new cricket channel, just too much sports lol

Reply #709973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It's a problem for me because I'm out this morning and due to the three different channels had to adjust how much post-game padding I gave my recordings"

my thoughts and prayers go out to koberulz today in this time of extreme hardship. I can barely even imagine what you are going through but I believe in you to make it out the other side. sometimes life seems so unfair to certain people for no reason but the lord has a plan and he might inflict extreme challenges but he also provides the strength to make it through them. bless you koberulz and we will see you stronger than ever after you overcome this.

Reply #709976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel like a triple header is kind of pushing it tbh. Would have been better off imo having a double header yesterday and another today. I'll probably try watch a couple of them today, would have watched the other one too if it was on yesterday arvo/night after the Wildcats.

Reply #709977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sunday triple headers make sense because they allow teams to play twice in a round while still having the Saturday off between games so I am cool with it.

Reply #709978 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Not having a single game on a Saturday night then 3 games on a Sunday afternoon when most people go out in nice weather is shocking scheduling. My young son asked me what games were on last night, he was so excited to watch a game on a Saturday night knowing he was going to be out all Sunday. It happened last season and I believe on a couple of occasions they did not schedule a single game on a Friday night! It's not good enough for a professional League especially when not much else is on those nights.

Reply #709980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was going to be dismissive of your complaint but then you brought up your young son and it really hit home for me. Lift your scheduling game please NBL.

Reply #709984 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

Can agree with that, should just do two double headers sat and sun to include a Saturday night game

Reply #710014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bit of a missed opportunity last night too with no AFL/NRL/Cricket on. Could have tried to fill the void of the casual aports fan wanting some sport to watch.

Games on in the early afternoon today also need to compete against NBA games, a lot of basketball fans are probably going to want to watch NBA over NBL

Reply #710032 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:50 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754