David Wear farewell game

Reply #709957 | Report this post

Gazeeee  
Years ago

Gaze last game

Reply #709959 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

Agree that this should be wear's farewell game..

Reply #709972 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Breakers should get this one without breaking out too much of a sweat.

I would expect a "Sack Gaze" thread in a few hours, but are they any Sydney fans on this forum?

Reply #709974 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Kings having their way with the NZB early.

Reply #709981 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

just checked the NBL box score. It says Sydney have only played three players and they're leading. That's pretty clever. And Wesley has score 10 points without any game time - also a nice trick.

Ah well, what should I expect for a Sunday morning game?

Reply #709982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings looking pretty solid early, defence has picked up, Wear playing like he is trying to save his job, 8pts already but I'm not complaining lol

Reply #709983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Wear and the Kings are looking ok to me so far

Reply #709986 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Randall, Bogut, Lisch playing with us so far. Breakers offence too individual. Bogut at the point is too good a passer and Kings offence is on fire.

Reply #709987 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Breakers had a comp where it will give double passes out for each point that Abercrombie scored.

He has 0 points on 1 shot so far nearly at HT.

I know he has never been the 'aggressive, take the game over' type of player - but when you're the captain and the team needs your offence, you need to shoot it.

His passiveness is really starting to hurt our team.

Reply #709988 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

We are hanging on by a thread!! Breakers will either get back into a dogfight or just as easily get blown out by 20. All depends on cpntaining Randall and Bogut in second half. Kings doing it easy so far.

Reply #709989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What method will the kings use to blow this is the $64 question. Great player Randle but got work harder on D. Bogut a stand out.

Reply #709990 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

Gaze somehow figured it's better to keep at least one starter in with the subs, working for the kings so far

Reply #709992 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That was nice by Bogut!

Reply #709994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd have been way too quiet all game

Reply #709997 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Corey Webster is killing the Breakers. Barely plays defense, selfish on the offense. Lucky for Shawn Long and Tai Wesley otherwise this would be a 40 point loss.

Reply #709999 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Kings putting them to the sword now.

Reply #710000 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

What a pathetic performance by the Breakers. Big ups to the Kings.

And, what is with the crowd- it is dead there- barely a sound? Maybe the speakers don't work, because I haven’t heard any music or anything.

Reply #710001 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Must admit I'm starting to look wrong in thinking the Breakers top 4 and thought Webster had matured ironing out his disappearing acts.

Reply #710002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same here Zodiac on both those things.

Reply #710003 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

Great bounce back by the Kings, Wear keeps his job for another weak, think they will continue to get better from here

Reply #710004 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Looks like Bogut is coaching the kings, which should help them especially short term. Breakers looked like mud for much of this game, they were crazy to get rid of Mika and Co.

Reply #710005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide theory "Breakers have 3 imports they will be in the championship game... Sydney won't make it with two import"

Sydney looked very good, not sure the breakers put to much pressure on their defence though. I would be tempted to go small on Bogut, draw him out on defence, beat him to the paint, he makes points at the rim very difficult when he is there. Only problem going small is rebounding on offence, i would challenge him to post up, he is arguably more valuable to the Sydney offence as a facilitator from the top of the key.

Reply #710006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut major asset to the nbl, hope he stays healthy, great result for the kings today.

Reply #710011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lacks credibility. Promised flops but failed to deliver flops. Shameful.

;)

Reply #710013 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Breakers in real hole. Their franchise player Webster has been a flop in 3 games to date. Hard to see what role Richard and More are expected to play. Shea Ili has lost his shot and does not create enough for starting point.
Wesley is carrying us and his game style is basically one on one back downs.
Little or no penetration and kick. Over dribbling. Poor, very poor shot selection.
Breakers look like they are scrimmaging with little desperation or effort defensively.
Worrying signs with offence and personal.

Reply #710016 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

after watching Kings live Friday night, they are going to start winning games and by a lot. Their first five in Randle, Lisch, Newley, Kickert and Bogut stretches teams big time. Some of ball movement in 3rd qtr against 36ers was superb to get tham back in the game. Need Wear to hit shots and contributions from Adnam and Bowen.

Reply #710018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers have too many guards and small forwards running around all over the show

Long and Wesley play the 4 and 5amd when they do we look great. But majok is poor. They need another 4 or 5 so that when long gets into foul trouble or when one needs a break they have some cover.

I know they wanted to keep loe. But they flagged pledger. Why?

Gee we need another big

I guess either Moore or Richard for another import big would fix the imbalance

It would help if Webster played better. He is okay woeful. And Abercrombie needs to be more assertive.

Reply #710020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Breakers in real hole."

and this season that's not even referring to the north shore events centre!

Reply #710021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just don't understand this breakers team.

The entertainment last week was dire. Today it was better but not great. Why did they try and change it so much.

And off the court. Imagine if they had dj newbill and another big inport. And pledger...

Why did they change so much for the worse

Reply #710023 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Breakers will be last.

Reply #710053 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Never understand so many talking up the Breakers this season. Clearly they are now massively budget constrained under new ownership, and the Coach's chair has become a revolving door.
I'm not writing them off, but clearly Braswell will take a while to find his feet, gel with the team, and figure out what works. I think they will be in the mix for the playoffs, but with some stiff competition.

Reply #710060 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

This is more of what the diehard Kings fans were after, I think... Offensively they showed what they were capable against the 36ers but this time they showed what they were capable at the other end as well when clicking...

Wear stepping up was valuable (and saved his job for now, I think) but I think the biggest keys this past weekend have been Lisch getting back to form and Bogues stepping up his offensive output while maintaining it at the other end... Randle is just a beast, without doubt, but it's what works around him and with him that will determine the success of the Kings team...

A shame that Webster seems to have fallen back to his old attitudes, that shoot the lights out Blitz game was impressive and had me thinking that he'd actually matured and could keep his head in the game...

Reply #710241 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:22 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754