Luke
Years ago

NBL Round 2 Review

Everyone's thoughts?

Perth look like the strongest team early on but still a very small sample size, great to first ever ads go, Sydney looked to turn a page today and hopefully improve from now, Crowds seemed decent in most games as well.

Anyone hear about TV rating? Was disappointing to see the scoreboard not work in the SYD vs NZ game for nearly 5 minutes but overall some great basketball played this week.

Topic #44107 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth
Adelaide
Sydney
Melbourne

In order

Reply #710152 | Report this post

Homicide  
Years ago

I'm telling you right now.

Perth will not make the playoffs.

This is not a cup cake league. Two imports won't get it done.

Now Sydney, that is a team with some real Fillaayyyyyy. Randle is too much to handle, doesn't matter they only have two imports, they are serious contenders this year!

Meanwhile, let me make this clear. Adelaide are the best at this game, in this game, right now. Let me tell you about 2 hard 2 guard Adris Deleon, who is dominican and from New York.

We played together against Brandon Jennings and the Game, who is a rapper, and he dropped 50 points on Brandon Jennings. He is 2 haaaaarrrrddd to 2 guaaaaaaaard.

*Pauses to pass phone to fan* "buddy can you take a picture of me while I walk away real quick?".

*Walks away and back*

Now New Zealand, slow start, but they are grown men. In fact they have the grownest of all men - Tai the grown man Wesley. The Aussie dollar is worth more in New Zealand but that doesn't mean he's putting in any less work. he's got kids and a family to feed.

*Posts pic to instagram* Caption: "Red army, your team will not make the playoffs, two imports won't get it done. This is not a cup cake league. #SilentPeopleSayNothing #KeepTalking #makethemlisten #Wolf

Reply #710159 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I read that in Homicide's voice and had a good chuckle.

Reply #710164 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Haha couldn't sum it up any better

Reply #710183 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Adelaide still look good to me even after todays close loss.
Brisbane are rubbish and unless they change imports will remain so. Cadee is a spud.
Cairns disappointed and in the same game an undermanned Hawks impressed. Blanchfield flourishing.
Melbourne got the win but don't look as good as last year.
NZ not looking good.
Sydney are finding their feet and will have more games like today.
Perth look good early at 3-0 but other than beating Adelaide on the road they have had a soft draw to start with another clash with Brisbane upcoming.

Reply #710186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My updated power rankings:
Sydney
Perth
Melbourne
Adelaide
Illawarra
Cairns
Brisbane
New Zealand

Reply #710192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If blanchfield keeps going the same way will be mvp, who would've thought.

Reply #710211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MVP? No . Mvp right now is cotton

Reply #710215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be Trimble at this point. Bit too early to call though!

Reply #710225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The writing on Brisbane's jersey still sucks. Hope you’re reading LK

Reply #710260 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

^ Yeah I agree. Terrible font on the Bullets jerseys.

Reply #710264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

x 3 on the Bullets. The quasi-Brushscript font looks horrible on broadcasts.

Reply #710272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1. Melbourne - slow start, but will pick it up soon

2. Adelaide - off to a hot start, will keep it going and stay right there with Melbourne

3. Cairns - only played 2 games so far, but there are some good glimpses of what they can do

4. Brisbane - tough draw to start with, but will come good and go on a run

5. Perth - hot start will fade in the 2nd half of the season, Cotton will get injured

6. Sydney - totally overrated and there will be at least 1 injury. Will fade into obscurity as teams like Brisbane and Cairns pass them and into the finals

7. New Zealand - Got the win against Melbourne, but have been completely awful

8. Illawarra - Got some good pieces, but there will be an injury along the way. Blanchfield will choke, Jackson will be a dud, Conklin will get in another fight with Perth

You aren't the only one who can make bold predictions Homicide!

Reply #710289 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Reply #710370 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Reply #710378 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

But [Blanchfield's] scoring has been even more impressive when you consider he's averaging 29 per outing across games that don’t include trips to Perth after quadruple overtime marathons.
And it gets less impressive again when you exclude the extra half of basketball in said quadruple overtime marathon.

Reply #710379 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:21 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754