michael crumpler
Years ago

Food at NBL games

Hey y'all

I was pondering that the NBL could boost its profits by offering more similar foods that what is featured at NBA games.

I'm talkin' dogs, wings, burgers, cheese fries, frozen custard (if in the right US state) and large sodas (bigger than the small 600mL). All this to give the customer the feel like they are at a real NBA game.

I was at a Bulls v Wizards game last year and drank a heap of Faygo Red Pop (or somethin' like that). It made the game better.

Has the NBL thought about this?

I am sure that more food choice is prefer-able to all attendances.

Bless

MC

Topic #44128 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Music is too loud. Stop americanising the game!"

*munches on cheez doodles*

"Thats better!"

Reply #710797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obvious troll is sadly obvious.

Reply #710798 | Report this post

michael crumpler  
Years ago

Music too loud? No way! Just adds to the fun!

Reply #710800 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

you'll have to prise my ten-dollar fried chicken and wedges tray out of my cold, dead hands pal.

Reply #710805 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

If there is one thing that needs to be done its more emphasis on the game day experience. Food could be a big part of this. The casual fan wants an experience bigger than the game itself.

Reply #710806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the NBL has moved beyond the "casual fan" and started focusing on the repeat visitors, as it should.

Reply #710810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The food is terrible (quality, healthiness, and value) and quickly adds up to the equivalent cost of a game ticket. I'd rather, and do, eat something healthier prior to the game.

Always found it interesting to see Hungry Jack's, Bulla Ice Cream, Carl's Jr, Sandwich Chef's, and any other garbage you can think of, splashed all over the floor, jerseys, walls, big screens, and given out for free at any chance, then backed up with some random Wagner Vitamin and Chemist Warehouse promotion to cure all ills; zero promotion of health and positive lifestyle choices, especially for the kids.

Reply #710813 | Report this post

michael crumpler  
Years ago

Thanks "Anonymous" your comments have been very positive.

A Wildcats fan I am assuming?

Or perhaps Melb United?

Go the Taipans.

Reply #710814 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not sure of the menu at NBL games, however variety is always a problem at major sporting events, so is fidning anything healthy for a reasonable price.

Yet the thing I love seeing more than anything is free water fountains so we can avoid buying those plastic bottles all the time, makes me happy every time I see people getting free drinkable water if they need it!!

Reply #710816 | Report this post

michael crumpler  
Years ago

Excellent point Anon!

Cannot stand all the cheeseball Chemist Warehouse commericals on during the game too

e.g. the one with the two Asian women fighting over the vitamins.

Terrible stuff

Reply #710820 | Report this post

Food for thought  
Years ago

Whether or not this is a troll post it touches on a valid point. At the 36ers games your food choices are either junk, junk, or more junk. After a few beers you let down your guard a bit and eat the junk but there should definitely be healthy alternatives on hand. When I received a call from the Sixers asking if I had any opinions on the game day experience, I told them I was happy with everything except the food. Hopefully one day they listen as at least some people in the crowd give a shit about their waistlines.

Reply #710822 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

The humble sandwich is soooooooooo under-rated IMHO!

Reply #710824 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

What if I wanna pay by EFTPOS?

Reply #710831 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"Yet the thing I love seeing more than anything is free water fountains so we can avoid buying those plastic bottles all the time,"

I know (and laugh at) so many parents who won't let their precious byproducts drink out of those things. Germs you know! Let alone the numbers of precious byproducts who turn pale and tremble at the thought of ***GASP*** tapwater!

Reply #710851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheaper beer too!!!

Reply #710861 | Report this post

Stadium's dictate the food - not the clubs.

That said... popcorn please.

Reply #710863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"After a few beers you let down your guard a bit" and you want helthy food. Bullshit call on that.
The food is based on who ever has the catering contract. So for the few games a year that they have to cater for, they won't be changing anything soon at those events. Drinks beers and eat junk food. That's Aussie mate.
Next thing is you want no music with all possessions FFS. ;)

Reply #710864 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Not really sure what OP is getting at here. The food at most NBL arenas I've visited is pretty American already.

The food is uniformly bad from what I've seen and just encourages me to eat/drink elsewhere.

The food/beers setup at Qudos Bank arena is abysmal and so.......so........slow.

Reply #710866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah let's add crispy cream, HJ, souvlaki, Chinese, Indian...what a deadset joke

Reply #710870 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Nah bugger that. Should be nothing but meat pies, vegemite sandwiches, tim tams and witchetty grubs on the menu.

Reply #710871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More smashed avo. A certain crowd pleaser.

Reply #710875 | Report this post

Food for thought  
Years ago

"After a few beers you let down your guard a bit" and you want helthy food. Bullshit call on that."

Low carb and sugar beers exist, ya know.

Reply #711002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bullshit. I want a mountain of fats and carbs, deep fried to a crisp golden brown colour, and as much cheap Lager as I'm allowed to buy in one hit to wash it down with.

Who on earth watches sports with a salad in their hands?

Reply #711004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who on earth watches sports with a salad in their hands?

koberulz

Reply #711022 | Report this post

Demons Fan  
Years ago

I'd go to the basketball more often if you could buy a decent cheese board and paddle of paired wines to go with it.

Reply #711076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and some caviar. NBL is soooo plebby!

Reply #711078 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"crispy cream"

Blasphemy

Reply #711136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Subway usually not far away.

Reply #711138 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754