Isaac
Years ago

Alonzo Gee to miss Hawks game

Due to personal reasons Alonzo Gee has not travelled to Wollongong with the team. Makoto Hiejima will return to the Bullets roster after recovering from his ankle injury
He looked very distracted against Perth. Bad family news perhaps?

Topic #44138 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he is getting replaced.

Reply #711142 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Feel for the guy if its something personal in his family or something, especially it coming at a time where his performances are being super scrutinised.

Reply #711148 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I hope it's because he’s been/being replaced.

I do not wish genuinely bad personal circumstances upon him though.

Reply #711149 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

He's really only put in 1 good quarter or Basketball over this entire season.

Reply #711150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ExNBA players just suck in the nbl

just Boone and Childress have killed it in the nbl

Reply #711152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He looked very distracted against Perth. "

Someone sent him a link to the "who's going to get sacked?" article during the week

Reply #711153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not entirely sure what you guys were expecting out of him. In the NBA his role was a lockdown defender who mostly saw 6th/7th man minutes. He's never been a scorer

Reply #711154 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He averaged 10+ ppg a couple of seasons there with the Cavs but now that he's out of the NBA he looks like he's got one foot in retirement already.

Reply #711165 | Report this post

Food for thought  
Years ago

Yeah well if he was mainly a defensive player in the NBA it would stand to reason that he would be elite defensively in the NBL and he is not. He is not a scorer or defender in the NBL and what he actually brings to the team is hard to even know. But if they're going for imports, just one more isn't going to get it done. Their Australian core is not strong enough. Not to be Homicide or anything, but a lot of these teams need way more punch than they have. Holt gives next to nothing as well. Brisbane basically need three new imports at this point just to be competitive. Yeah, I know I am saying that after a win to Perth, but Perth clearly went into Brisbane with low energy and were thinking ahead.

Reply #711171 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last night against Perth was the first I'd seen of him, so maybe he'd previously looked a bit keener, but to me it seemed like he was putting in about 20%. Fair enough if he's had bad family news, but otherwise just not going to cut it.

Reply #711180 | Report this post

Majority of these EX NBA players are down here for a paid vacation.
Nothing more

Reply #711188 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

John Casey just said there is speculation Gee won't play again for the Bullets.

Reply #711190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Personal reasons"

Club speak for: you are getting sacked for playing like a bum, but we don't want to say that officially as we wish to maintain a good relationship with your agency.

Reply #711220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was getting a lot of pats on the back/chest from teammates yesterday. Maybe he has had bad family news and will need to fly home indefinitely?

Would match the news about a new import being on the way and Casey saying he might not play for bullets again.

Reply #711254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"but Perth clearly went into Brisbane with low energy and were thinking ahead."

Stop using this as an excuse for them losing!

Reply #711266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The excuses for the Wildcats performance are ridiculous. Low energy? Thinking ahead? WTF LOL!

How about "but Perth clearly went into Brisbane with Gleeson..." :p

Reply #711280 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:35 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754