Anonymous
Years ago

If Goulding is done for the year, Kennedy must go!!

Lots of the "NBL experts" claimed Kennedy to be a beast. he has been poor at best. Noway Melbourne should keep him around if Goulding is done for the year. A terrible pick up by Vickerman

Topic #44146 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Goulding is OK or not Kennedy is a bust.

Reply #711433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kennedy has done very well,his shooting letting him down a bit but rest game has been great. Vickerman has been not at his best getting his combinations right and to much reliance on his starters plus one bench player. Like last season when Prather went down Melbourne got better, hopefully Goulding is not out to long though as he's more important that Prather.

Reply #711446 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Kennedy looks underdone and so does boone. Was at the game what is the suspicion about the injury?

Reply #711447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously? That post was removed immediately, but a post about hoping Gleeson gets breast cancer remained for two days?

Reply #711452 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Boone
Barlow
Kennedy
McCarron
Ware

I kind of like the balance of that starting 5 more now, the defense is definitely better than with Goulding, and Ware gets a bigger offensive role.

They are however very thin in the backcourt off the bench now, Hooley will need to play key minutes which isn't ideal, but for now both Ware and McCarron playing 35mins I think they'll go on a win streak.

Reply #711461 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Didn't look good. He clearly couldn't put any weight on it, and went straight to the rooms.
I honestly do hope he's ok, and think Melbourne were unlucky. Without that injury, they would have won.

In answer to the OP, yes, with CG they need to get those points from somewhere.
And as always, its a lot easier to swap imports than to find a good Aussie available.
Boone is still (one of) the best big men in the league, and Ware was excellent today. That leaves Kennedy with a bullseye on his butt.

Reply #711469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those skilled at being able to pick what injury someone has sustained from the footage, how bad do you think CGs injury was?

Reply #711470 | Report this post

Hoot  
Years ago

"Skilled at picking injury from video"

I'll give it a go.

Worst case - ACL/MCL year
Medium case a meniscus tear
Best case - bone bruise (but these can take a long time to heal too) or a “jar as they say”.

The fact he didn’t return to the arena floor makes me think it’s more than just a jar.

The way the injury happen makes me think it’s more likely to be a sever injury.

No contact, lateral extension of knee, all gravitational force down on the join on impact followed by immediate pain reaction.

Text book ACL by looks, as it’s similar to other basketball ACLs I’ve seen. E.g Derek Rose.

Also think Melbourne are saying “Jarred Knee” as they don’t want to give away if it’s anything more ahead of Monday’s game.

Reply #711477 | Report this post

Hoot  
Years ago

Sorry. Few typos. I'll blame autocorrect

Reply #711478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember he went down like he was shot in The NBA game the same way, and was fine a week later.
I hope its not serious but unfortunately w Goulding its hard to sell as he flops a fair bit and does his fair share of acting with extra mayoz
Lets hope just a knock, never want to see a guy go down for the year!

Reply #711481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't he jar his knee in America? Could it have been worse but they were playing it down then?

Reply #711483 | Report this post

Hoot  
Years ago

Forgot about his USA knee injury.

That complicated things, possibly means it's not as bad. Just something that has been re-injured.

Although, the opposite of that is, it was still not 100%, he was at higher risk of an ACL injury and that’s still possible.

Reply #711486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about knee cap popping in and out, foot hits court extremely hard then pops back in on next step, just a thought.

Reply #711502 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Kennedy arrived in Melbourne around September 9 or September 10. Since then, he's had the injury in Philly and the injury vs Illawarra. Do any of us know how much training he's been doing in the past few weeks?

For a guy with his credentials and reputation, I'm willing to give him more time before I start calling for his head!

CG obviously a crucial part of this lineup for many reasons.

If this were a worst case scenario then I would expect Plan A: they'd try to convince Madgen to come home from Germany.

Which other Aussie guards are available or unsigned this season? Shaun Bruce?

Reply #711542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Shaun Bruce?"

I'm not expecting Melbourne to be scraping bottom of the barrel for replacements...

Reply #711584 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

If Goulding is out long term I would make the change.
They need a scoring option alongside Ware who is too inconsistent.
Good locals are hard to find.

Perth made the mistake last year by keeping Cooke Jr when Knight was done.

Reply #711586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Goulding is out for the season I would sign the best Australian possible then change Imports depending on what they needs.

Eg if a good Australian C becomes available cut Boone for a SG.

Reply #711590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lot of the Melbourne guys already carrying minor injuries, if Goulding out long term, bye bye back to back.

Reply #711591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any early mail re: severity of CG43's injury?

Reply #711606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's been cleared of structural damage - it’s bone bruising.

Reply #711609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glad to hear that it is "just" bone bruising. Sounds like Melbourne fans can breathe a sigh of relief

Reply #711619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will he play on Monday?

Reply #711622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris Goulding has a low-grade deep bone bruise, Melbourne United announced. An MRI showed his left knee is 'structurally intact with no ligamentous damage'. He's day to day.

Reply #711634 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

That's great news

Reply #711635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for the info.

Reply #711638 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Is good news you wouldn't wish serious injury on anyone.

Reply #711641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The bloke must have no pain threshold at all. Every time he goes down he looks like he's done a career ending injury and plays the next game.
I guess it doesn't suprise with a hair cut like that

Reply #711857 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

The one in the States he landed directly on his knee didn't he? Knee into hardwood. Was a contact injury not a structural injury.

Reply #711862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how will goulding react when he actually suffers an injury?

Reply #711902 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:26 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754