Anonymous
Years ago

Terrico White

Is he getting it done?
Is he an upgrade on Tokoto?
Should Perth be sending an SOS to Israel?

Topic #44150 | Report this topic

J  
Years ago

Not sure this needed another thread. But yes, yes and hell no. Sure at times he looks elsewhere (the tmac comparison suits) but he is a level head, plays in control and is a threat from outside. Tokoto needs a jumpshot, by the end of the season teams didn't even guard him until the key. Defensively id say even, tokoto for all his highlights really seemed to be chasing highlights rather than playing lock down d. Terrico wasn't brought in to defend, but he is not terrible.

Reply #711495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm really liking White. All round solid player and I actually love how lowkey he is. Isn't a big vocal personality compared to some inports, but slots in nicely with the team, plays his role and gets the job done. Can be a silent assassin though and make big plays when needed.

Reply #711499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he's a perfect fit. As mentioned he's lowkey and just goes about his business quietly. He also doesn't seem to cramp Cotton's style or appear too hungry which can upset the dynamic of the team sometimes. Tokoto was an insane athlete but his defence wasn't great (other than steals) and his lack of shooting was very detrimental to the Cats' offence later in the season.

Definite upgrade.

Reply #711538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tokoto went missing big time in the final third of last season. White is so far an upgrade

Reply #711552 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

It's hard to tell with the Cats. They said they wanted; a player like Prather or Ennis, somebody younger, and a wingman with a good 3 point shot.
So, given this is the NBL and not NBA, which of those was the priority???
On scouting, White ticks one of those boxes, so we'd presume that outside shooting was the priority. (And yes, JP was MIA from anything further than mid-range.)

Problem I have with today's effort is that he was absolutely abysmal from outside. Shot 25%, and worse missed multiple important shots.

Now I will admit, I'm biased. I still miss the days when our SF was Scott Fisher. I've only just come to terms with someone like Prather, so to me, TW is a little "small." I also find it weird that our backup SF is Greg Hire. LOL

What I'm hoping is that TW just needs to settle in/ settle down, and his efficiency will come up.

Reply #711557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tokoto wasn't missing, he was at varisty slaming down thickshakes and sundaes. Livin his best life

Reply #711559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smooth scorer and a underrated defender. A huge upgrade on JP

Reply #711565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Averaging 19 points per game and only has one game scoring less than 19 (a game which his team won comfortably). Regardless of efficiency, that's as good a start to the season as any team could probably hope for from a second fiddle scoring option.

Reply #711566 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Yes
Yes
No.

Reply #711583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terricooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Reply #711607 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

"Regardless of efficiency"

I don't agree with that.

Whilst you don't want the selfish player who boosts his % by only taking easy shots, you also don't want the guy who racks up points at 25% because he just blazes away at everything.
They need a go-to guy, and he's not there yet.

Reply #711678 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Cottons numbers weren't great either, it happens. Reality is he can shoot which means as long as he remains solid overall he is enough of a threat that he drags the defence out creating space for our bigs and slashers

Reply #711682 | Report this post

EagleCat9  
Years ago

Fantastic piece of the puzzle. No fuss but can get it done when needed, a great team player. I really like him and he's a substantial upgrade to the team over JP for mine.

Reply #711749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tokoto was definitely living his best life, in more ways than one. LOL.

Reply #711808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"They need a go-to guy, and he's not there yet."

He was pretty go-to on Saturday. He's doing 19 ppg shooting 46%, them's solid numbers and he hits tough shots.

Reply #711809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He was pretty go-to on Saturday."
Did you waatch the game? He had multiple critical shots and screwed everyone - there was an audible groan each time he took a shot - I would say that is the definition of not to go to.

Reply #711830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was an audible groan anytime someone missed a shot. But he at least took them. Last year no one but cotton was willing to try take a shot in crunch time

Reply #711838 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754