Thunder Jam
Two years ago

Has the flop call been banned?

If Casper's "Someone just shot me" flop last night wasn't called,then there will never be one called this season.

Topic #44167 | Report this topic

KB3  
Two years ago

Flop and game delay seems to be removed this season

Hooking in the post seems to be a new focus

Reply #712124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Most times hooking in the post they have called it wrong as well. Flops should be reviewed and fines handed out.

Reply #712126 | Report this post

Kr  
Two years ago

Yeah not sure Conklins elbow hook in the post against pledger should have been called either.

Reply #712131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

A blocking foul was called on the Ware play. Once a foul has been called you can't have a flop warning.

Reply #712135 | Report this post

paul  
Two years ago

My understanding is they've replaced flop warnings with charge calls.

Reply #712144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Would love to see the flop just be a no call. The defender has already penalised themselves and removed themselves from the play

A coach will deal with a player consistently on the floor allowing 5 on 4 play

Reply #712147 | Report this post

paul  
Two years ago

Agree 100% anon!

Reply #712149 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

Not sure why they wouldn't review flops in the week after the game and issue warnings/fines. If they think referees can pick intent and make a decision watching live, it can't be worse doing it later with the benefit of multiple camera angles.

Reply #712167 | Report this post

Pop  
Two years ago

Hope so. Just make the charge/block/no call and get on with the game.

Reply #712179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Wtf is with the amount of charges too. I've noticed at least 3qtrs of these are blocking fouls. Outrageous

Reply #712187 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Flop calls by refs are a bad idea. I appreciate it in theory, but it's way too hard to consistently get right.
I'm wish Isaac. Review during the week.
And publish the results. Name and shame.

Reply #712193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Feels like I've seen more hooking calls through 3 rounds than 2017-18 season combined.

Reply #712194 | Report this post

J  
Two years ago

Im ok with conklin getting reminded to keep his elbows in check

Reply #712199 | Report this post

Damo  
Two years ago

#MeToo

Reply #712201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

I think the increase in charge calls is partly due to a focus this year on hooking and pushing off, which is fair as there was way too much of it last year (watch Ware last year, made space with a push off on every second possession)

Reply #712205 | Report this post

Reply to this topic

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Ariel 71

Rules:You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets

Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Close ads
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms
Punch - insightful time tracking
Beam Orders - a quick, simple order and payments site for your business.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

Invoicing clients? Stay productive with Punch, the insightful time tracker that earns you more.

Special offer: $30/month Pay $100 for lifetime access. Sign up now!

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:11 pm, Wed 25 Nov 2020 | Posts: 849,864 | Last 7 days: 797