Luuuc
Years ago

WNBL Round 4

Thu 7:00 - Sydney vs Perth

Sat 3:00 - Dandenong vs Melbourne (Live on SBS & Foxtel)
Sat 7:00 - Bendigo vs Adelaide
Sat 7:00 - Townsville vs Perth

Sun 2:00 - Canberra vs Sydney

Mon 7:30 - Melbourne vs Bendigo

Topic #44174 | Report this topic

AshT  
Years ago

Fittingly, I notice you found no need to mention which are the Foxsports/Live games, hey Luuuc. Then again maybe there's a slight chance one of the three comes through.

Anyone have news on who, if any, will be back Thurs or Sund for Sydney Flames?

Reply #712460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know when Blicavs, tolo and Wallace are expected to return?

Reply #712467 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah, best not to get anyone's hopes up about the alleged live streams (of Sydney-Perth, Bendigo-Adelaide and Melbourne-Bendigo) until they actually go live and then are actually viewable hey :/

I'm all ears for any Flames news too given the Lynx are there tomorrow night. Only thing I've heard was on yesterday's WNBL Show (I'll post a link once Basket Case is also up) which included a barely-audible interview with Snelly. She sounded hopeful of playing in a limited capacity.
No idea about Bunton.
You'd think that due to timing, Tupaea would be Sunday's game at best.

I'm not expecting to see Wallace this season. Tolo hopefully just a matter of weeks away? No idea about Blicavs - she's been blogging and vlogging but noticeably silent on predicted return time.

Reply #712475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blicavs will not play this season.

Reply #712490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wallace expected back but don't know when.

Reply #712492 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Tolo said she was six weeks away at the start of the season

Reply #712503 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Marianna Tolo and Kelsey Griffin ....oh my goodness ... but I'm under docters orders not to watch ....I get a little bit too excited ...

Reply #712561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilson is a better starter than Mitchell atm.

Reply #712563 | Report this post

Years ago

Atlanta drafted Wallace - will she be there 2019 wnba season ? knee should be good by then.

Reply #712572 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

This week's podcasts:

Basket Case (incl. Rachel Jarry, Belinda Snell, Kaili McLaren)

The WNBL Show (Belinda Snell, Kelsey Griffin)

Reply #712583 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Yeah more tough games to predict. If Perth were pushed more last time you'd think they could be more tired having to play on Thursday knowing they're playing again this weekend. With Sydney's injuries and form you can't really back them anyway but Bunton should have a night out.

If Melbourne are hitting their groove and Dandenong are regressing that should be an easy one unless the Rangers step up.

Bendigo best chance this weekend to get another win is against the streaky Adelaide, they're not going to win against !elbourne and the double loss would hurt them after starting so well.

Will back Townsville and Canberra in the other matches. Want to see a bit more from Townsvilles non Suzy players though, gotta look to next season and how they will do without her.

Reply #712588 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

This is really getting stupid. There is no stream for tonight's game.
The weird thing is that there was one, and it was working - and looking good in terms of picture quality, but there was no audio.
Then it just died, and now the official announcement that there will be no live stream of the game.
Grrrrrr!!!

Reply #712785 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

This will be a good win for Perth if they can back up the strong form on a travel load. I doubt Flames will go away.

Reply #712790 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Bunton & Snell both started, so that's good news.

Reply #712791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some improvements in the wnbl this season but that's got to be the 4th or 5th time they can't get a simple stream running.
I was looking forward to watching all the streams but now I just watch the w league on the easy to use app.
Get it together wnbl...

Reply #712792 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah Lynx!! :D

Reply #712828 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

62-66 with 5:10 remaining. Lynx held the Flames scoreless for the rest of the game while scoring 12 of their own despite McPhee fouling out and Taylor & Steindl playing with 4 PFs apiece.
Big win.

Reply #712836 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Whatever Perth are doing to negate the opponents bigs and the size disparity is working like a charm. It's been impressive. Could have been even more if McPhee wasn't having an ice cold shooting night. Ebzery though stepped up for her first good game, so good behind the arc.

Reply #712920 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Gee, I thought the Basket Case interview with Bendigo IR import was good, but it barely scratched the surface (or I wasn't listening 100%), she's quite the vet!

http://wnbl.com.au/bendigo/news/signing-announcement-barbara-turner/

Definitely a stop gap signing whilst Tolo is out but concur with Carol, that hopefully see something more of her in Australia and least for one full season if she is indeed leaving in December

Reply #712924 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I think you're a bit mixed up.
Barb Turner was signed by Bendigo when they lost Jamie Scott to injury on the eve of the season. As far as I know she'll be playing the whole season.

Basket Case interviewed Kaili McLaren (Canberra Capitals) who is intended to fill in until Tolo is back from injury. She's got a good pedigree too - coming from that great UConn team with Maya Moore - but career not quite to the level of Turner, who played multiple seasons in the WNBA.

Reply #712930 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

You're right, I completely whiffed on that. No wonder I was surprised. I didn't actually hear Kaili McLaren's name at the start of the interview so for some reason added in Turner and treat that as the iron-clad part, not the Tolo bit (which is kinda important lol).

My mistake, still a great interview, and hey why not have both of them back! (though unlikely in Turner's case)

Reply #712935 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Magbegor out of action due to a broken bone in her hand

Reply #713057 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

http://wnbl.com.au/blog/news/nurse-goriss-player-coach-october-month/

Would have had tough competition from Griffen but Nurse is deserving, best import in the league by far

Reply #713202 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Oh just had the thought, who are the players eligible for ROTY this year? Doesn't seem to be many, Wallace if she's out for this year could win in next year I assume.

Reply #713203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Guy has adjusted to his Boomers roster on the fly and they are running a lot more pick and rolls then at the start of season.

Tough team to guard when things are clicking and shooters all over the floor.

Reply #713341 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Talbot back with a bang!

Bendigo v Adelaide stream is working which is nice, shame it's a blowout to the Spirit.

Reply #713389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone tell this fool how to pronounce Planeta

Reply #713395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blicavs could build a house with all these bricks

Reply #713400 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Perth off to a flyer in Townsville with a 30-12 1st quarter

Looks like Pianita is going to fall short of a double-double in the live streamed game

Reply #713402 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Perth are going to choke this...

Reply #713432 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Fire timeout. Down 3. 5 seconds left in the game.

Reply #713434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How'd Bendigo go today?

Reply #713435 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Big win over Pianita and the Lightning

Reply #713438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just got over the line.

Reply #713439 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Wow clutch free-throws from Cocks to force OT in Perth

Reply #713445 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Brittany what were you thinking ?!? ....

Reply #713446 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

In 2 minutes of OT we've already outscored our whole 4th quarter.
This sounds like a heck of a game.

Reply #713453 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Omg Perth. Mikaela Clutch Cox making three free throws after being fouled by McPhee in the last second to tie the game and got to OT!

Reply #713454 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Looks like we've got this if we hit our free throws

Reply #713456 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Perth are going to be so streaky all season and their small roster (in size and numbers) isn't going to help with fatigue. Incredibly lucky to escape but well done being in position to win after a long road trip period.

Reply #713457 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

What a win! We had no right ... especially once it got to OT.
4 wins in 4 cities in 9 days. Amazing.

Reply #713458 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Perth. Well done.

Reply #713460 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

A bigger attendance at Townville than the Melbourne derby (admittedly Televised) - 1652 to 923. They need a second team!

Reply #713467 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Sydney lose again. Canberaa led by a Griffin double-double and spread the scoring around.

Really surprised Perth are top of the league. These wins will be really valuabe come end of season. It's looking like them, Canberra, Melbourne and then a rush of teams competing for 4th.

Reply #713735 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

See the Spirit rise up!
Yeah the Boomers were without Magbegor and Garrick, but that's still a good win.

Reply #714018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why was Pritchard sitting down?

Hope Tomlinson is ok.

Reply #714022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope Pritchard is ok!

Reply #714025 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Small ball five for Team of the Week:
Talbot - McPhee - Hurst - Griffin- Taylor

Hurst with best player honours. Fair enough given Bendigo's two wins.

Reply #714177 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:53 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754