UseTaHoop
Years ago

New Brisbane Import Refused Visa

New Brisbane Import Refused Visa:

Australian customs and border security officials have detained Brisbane's newest recruit at the airport.

Lamar Patterson arrived with fellow import Kobe in his carry-on luggage.

Kobe was detained upon arrival.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/brisbane-bullets-dog-day-turns-to-gold

Sorry... I’m not gonna go there with any puns

Topic #44188 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Is Kobe a bitch?

Reply #712967 | Report this post

Greenie  
Years ago

Kobe is Lamar's bitch

Reply #712982 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Lolz you can't make this stuff up!

Lamar must have loved that dog but the real question is how didn't anyone on the plane notice or say anything?

Reply #712987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully his basketball iq is better than his dog on plane iq.. should've said Kobe was his au paire, Dutton would let him in after a quick phone call.

Reply #713004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol saw this on the news, most news coverage I've seen an NBL player get in a while.

Any publicity is good publicity I guess...?

Reply #713005 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I'm loving this latest incarnation of the Bullets franchise. Don't ever change.

Reply #713028 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

My brother tells a story of how Rick Rickert (Breakers import from a while back) arrived with his girlfriend in Australia and actually got through customs before someone realised she'd brought a dog in her handbag on the flight and through immigration:

Reply #713030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Hopefully his basketball iq is better than his dog on plane iq.. should've said Kobe was his au paire, Dutton would let him in after a quick phone call."

Haha

Reply #713067 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"should've said Kobe was his au paire, Dutton would let him in after a quick phone call.“

God call.

French bulldog I think.

French bulldog. French maid. Au pair.

“Trish, that's French."

Is Dutton’s middle name Gomez?

Reply #713088 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

According to other news sources Patterson was allowed in after a fine, is the title here correct then?

Reply #713099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The dog has been deported.
How did the bag get through any part of customs in America and no one notice on the plane FFS.

Reply #713124 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Did he come from the US? I was thinking he may have come direct from his last gig in China.

Reply #713130 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Shorter played in the Chinese NBL league last year and joined the Sixers later in training camp because I don't think their season finishes until late September. Patterson may have stayed there until he secured his next contract.

Reply #713133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This story has been huge news nationwide!

Good promotion for the bullets

Reply #713189 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah it got a good run over here too. LK ought to cover the $420 customs bill for him.

Reply #713195 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Even made it into Channel 7's "news update" segments during commercials over here.

Reply #713224 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It sure did. #Perthworld

Reply #713225 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

I saw the clip on "Sunrise", so a rival fta network, not just 9 as the league's broadcast partner.

Nation-wide coverage. Biggest publicity boost all season.

Reply #713232 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"How did the bag get through any part of customs in America and no one notice on the plane FFS."

The Brisbane Bullets have released the following statement:

As has been reported Lamar Patterson arrived in Australia yesterday with his dog and without the required documentation.

Prior to travel Lamar had contacted both airlines he was travelling on to determine if he was able to travel with the dog, as he has done previously domestically in the US.

His understanding from the feedback received from the airlines was that he was able to travel with the dog provided it was noted on his ticket, which he complied with.

Lamar passed through security at LAX with the dog and was not stopped or questioned, nor was he stopped or questioned when boarding the flight to Brisbane where he had the dog in the cabin in a dog carrier bag.

Lamar was only aware of the issue with the dog when entering Border Patrol in Brisbane. Once advised by Border Patrol of the issue Lamar worked through the process of organising for the dog to return to the USA on the next available flight. The dog has now returned to the USA.

Lamar was fined for an error in filling out his arrival card, but incurred no fine or other charges regarding the dog. Border Patrol assisted Lamar in organising the return of the dog to the USA, and once that was completed the matter was at a close and no further action is required.

Reply #713241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amazing that something like that is allowed. You can't take any dog (other than assist dogs) into any place, yet a dog is allowed on a plane because someone thinks it's OK.

Reply #713274 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

In the US small dogs are allowed in the cabin. It's standard over there.

Reply #713279 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:06 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754