Anonymous
Years ago

New First Ever commercial

There were some mixed reviews of the first first ever commercial (particularly that funny noise).

I've noticed that one no longer airs and there's now a new one where a young man walks up and down a basketball court as if it were a cat walk. As he walks his jersey changes.

What do you guys think?

Personally I think it feels a bit cheap and I prefer the first commercial.

Topic #44211 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

It feels like a hastily filmed replacement.

Reply #713630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree, it does appear hastily created.

At least they've accepted that the first offering was utter bullocks. Be thankful you no longer have to listen to a baby goat screaming to be put down.

Reply #713638 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

At least it breaks the stereotype of only showing white models.

Or is it starting a new one - that the only ones who will buy this stuff are non-whites?

Reply #713645 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It seems like there are no white models anymore.

Reply #713648 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

gone to the AFL?

Reply #713653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't think of that, maybe it does create a stereotype that basketball is not for white people.

Reply #713663 | Report this post

Food for thought (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I didn't think the first ad was so terrible, just the retarded bipolar orgasm vocalization that ran every four seconds.

Reply #713675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Careful. Daddy kestelman will buy hoops.com.au and let little Justin run it if you all be too harsh!

Reply #713712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlYlNF30bVg&t=0m12s

Reply #713718 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Made on the cheap.

Reply #713758 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

It's fine. The first didn’t bother me too much until they ran it twice/thrice in the ad block (at least it felt that way), for every ad block. It was annoying to me, but no more annoying than the guy asking, "so why are the burgers better...?" Too much, too much. The new First Ever ad is fine.

Reply #713811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is clearly someone from First Ever getting some feedback after copping a pasting on the first one! Sales would be realllll slow i'd say

Reply #713823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you seen their pricing? They aren't selling anything regardless of how good their ads get.

Reply #713825 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Economics 101: price low to build up a captive market, and then increase prices while keeping that market OR price high to capture a niche market.

At this stage they have no market, the product isn't rare or desirable enough to demand high prices, and they’re showing their greed to make money quickly.

I would have expected Larry’s son to have done a smarter job with promoting and selling this product line. smh

Reply #713826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol at LK calling other supplier "leeches" back when this venture was announced. First Ever is worse!

Reply #713847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will not be long before First Ever becomes the Last Ever

Reply #713848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are going for the urban cool look/feel hence no white models.

Reply #713906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheap crap.Brother walking up and down a court which is situated outside the housing commission flats in Kensington Melbourne. Thats the right market for sure. It's a rubbish product. No conflict of interest in the NBL!!! yeah right.

Reply #713977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A further demonstration of how delusional the people running this league are. 2020 is coming.

Reply #713980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But nobody from that demographic can afford their prices!

Reply #713981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A black guy wearing the names of white basketball players on their singlets. That is a first ever.

Reply #714004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3/4 time United v Kings and that frigging annoying add was on 4 times. Who are the morons running the advertising campaign? They are just pissing people off.

Reply #714007 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The NBL broadcasts only have three or four sponsors. Ads are going to be played a lot. The only thing that will change that is other advertisers getting on board.

Reply #714019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Above, that is the whole issue with the league. A few sponsors, empty seats (other than Melb, ADL and Perth). LK bows out 2020. That is his business plan. Can anyone see a problem here. Concerns that it might not be sustainable. His son is the major merchandise sponsor. How can that work?

Reply #714038 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It's not looking good. The sponsor money has either totally or partially been used to pay for the advertising to keep the slots bought from Fox afloat, so no funds left for any type of surplus or distribution to clubs. Or the advertising perhaps isn't even covering costs. They are at a point now where they need more general advertising but it's not happening, and next season is 2019-20... 2020 uh oh!

Reply #714046 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Uh oh indeed. That's when we will all have perfect hindsight to know what all the mistakes were.

Reply #714048 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

You can already see them.

Usually what happens is you partner with an agency who will fill advertising slots for you. Recent newly launched sports channel examples in this country were the new beIN Sports and Optus Sport channels - beIN had varied advertising from day one when launched on Foxtel over three channels whereas Optus would loop their own internal ads plus Samsung who had partnered with them.

Night and day difference as beIN had a close association with M&P Silva, The Agency et al. whereas Optus had no idea and thought sponsors would come to them. Not to mention their streaming issues which were exposed during the World Cup. NBL/LK is looking like the latter unfortunately - external advertisers aren't interested in ad slots during NBL coverage and apart from contra'ing or allocating ads to their league sponsors they can't fill commercial breaks.

Reply #714051 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I only watch in HD so Fox is what I'm tuned into so don't watch on 9Go! - what are the ads like on FTA?

Reply #714055 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Whose ass did the 2020 thing come from?

Reply #714073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The anti LK brigade. There's always going to be haters

Reply #714089 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I love what LK has done but he has clearly hit a roadblock re: finding external advertising.

Reply #714091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here we go again. Apex gang members modelling over priced Firstever gear. steady flow of 3 to 4 back to back commercials. Annoying.

Reply #714588 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754