Big V Fan
Two weeks ago

Big V 2019

Will Big V announce divisions for 2019 this week ?

Topic #44214 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

With the new Victorian Elite League Big V just became more irrelevant than it ever was.

Reply #713750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

@ Above why hijack someone's question with that

Reply #713759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Because it's reality

Reply #713767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Reply #713794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Why?, can't you get a game?
Still some good teams with great players in SCM.
Should be very competitive, looking forward to the season.

Reply #713820 | Report this post

PersonalFoul  
Two weeks ago

Big V is still relevant to the teams, clubs and suburbs its played in

SEABL never over ruled it and in most cases in Victoria more people were interested in it over SEABL.

This won't change anything for the lower divisions, clubs won't celebrate a championship any less!

Be good for the Big V to really get on the front foot this season & bring back the hype, feel like it has lacked a little recently. Encourage more info and articles from clubs or maybe guest blog pieces from Big V Nerds

Reply #713835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Bellarine.Storm/posts/

Reply #713854 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Two weeks ago

I wonder if Bellarine are in Div 1 same as last year or if it's a new Div 1 which is a combination or Div 1 and 2 teams from last year?

Reply #713856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Sounds like from their fb post that they'll take Geelong’s spot in d1m?

Reply #713865 | Report this post

Bear  
Two weeks ago

^Yes, it's confirmed Bellarine in for Geelong's having to vacate the D1 spots due to the rules. Likely most of the same players I'd imagine, however remains to be seen after try-outs...

Reply #713898 | Report this post

Greggo  
Two weeks ago

What rules? Because the old SEABL team will now be in the elite league? Wasn't everyone else trying to preach they're separate leagues?

P.s- D1M Big V would be better than most other state's leagues.

Reply #713907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Big V D1 better than most others state league's! Oh my goodness SMH

Reply #713908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

The new league has no influence on BigV decisions as to who and who can't play, Geelong will still have their SEABL/Elite team, their BogV team has nothing to do with that, new league has nothing to do with BigV

Reply #713914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

they should call it BogV. It's a pretty shit participation league now. Yay! Medals for everyone!

Reply #713917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Incorrect Supercats (or any other association for that matter) cannot have a senior Big V team and participate in Elite League under new rule from Basketball Victoria .

You can have Elite Senior Team and Youth League as pathway or Big V Senior Team and Youth League as pathway. That's why there CEO has formed a relationship with Bellarine.

The anon that is so down on Big V go start your own thread.

Reply #713932 | Report this post

PersonalFoul  
Two weeks ago

Forget the 'super league' lets talk BIG V

How should the mens divisions be made up, is Div 1 now top? and who should be in it? or are we still having a SCM I like the idea of going back to just Div 1 & Div 2 but I guess you have YLC to also move around

What about team news?

I know some teams have resigned imports early, or guys are heading over, tryouts are happening or happened.

What about promoted teams? who has the best chance of staying up.

Reply #714506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

Depends who plays well during their domestic competitions mid-week. Can't wait for the season.

Reply #714510 | Report this post

Anonymous*  
Two weeks ago

@PersonalFoul I like Coburg moving into D1M, their coach runs a good system and won in D2 without an import last year. Will be interesting to see how they can compete at D1.
I'm looking forward to seeing Chelsea's new combo Standerfer and Voss work in SCM.
For D2M, Mildura to be irrelevant if Henry had retired (as rumoured). This year is surely the year Sth Penn break thru.

Reply #714527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two weeks ago

http://bigv.com.au/2019-big-v-competition-structure-released/?fbclid=IwAR2iG6awPyoZw4v9nbDfIdaxJnpfX0ShlMSUzqM6sJgg6oYBXa5m_bPl4WE

Reply #714806 | Report this post

Reply to this topic

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Europa 56

Rules:You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets

Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Close ads
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms
SportsLink Travel - Official Tour Provider for Basketball Australia
PickStar - The best place to book sports stars

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

Invoicing clients? Stay productive with Punch, the insightful time tracker that earns you more.

Special offer: $30/month Pay $100 for lifetime access. Sign up now!

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:56 am, Tue 20 Nov 2018 | Posts: 743,857 | Last 7 days: 1,506