Chris
Years ago

Henley High School

anybody have any answers on why henley high had a major downfall this year heard open girls did not make finals, Open boys struggled.8/9 girls team have 1 decent player which carries them along with the 8/9 boys only having a couple that are decent.

Topic #44222 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Open girls lost a 3 way tournament , Portside beat them who went on to play in the grand final

Reply #714096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why don't they get a high profile coach to run the program?

Reply #714101 | Report this post

Io70  
Years ago

I don't think that many of the very best players go to Henley for the basketball program. Most either stay in their original/zoned school or head in to the private system. Scholarships are also an issue.
Basically its not a good enough program to attract the best players.

Reply #714102 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What do you mean 'major downfall' Kids move up year levels all the time and some may drop out of the programme because they focus more on their studies.
I know the 8/9 and year 10 boys are playing in the knock out finals still

Reply #714127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's also harder for a public school like Henley to 'hold’ kids back in year levels , some of the private schools have 20 yo playing in there open teams , probably more applicable in the men’s than women’s comp

Reply #714134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

8/9 girls and 10 girls both in knockout finals day.

8/9 girls rely heavily on 2 players. 1 x year 9 that plays as a bottom age U18 div 1 West and 1 x year 8 that plays as a bottom age U16 div 1 Forestville. Like the boys side the talent drops off quickly.

Most kids do the program as a way to get into the school as it is a very good public high school and drop out of the program once they finish the 2 year minimum commitment.

Reply #714137 | Report this post

ryan  
Years ago

who even coaches henley these days?

Reply #714203 | Report this post

tim  
Years ago

the girl that carries there 8/9 girls team is Sam Woosnam's niece BELLA she is miles in front of the other girls I assume she also played opens this year

Reply #714205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul Zbierski.

8/9 boys and Open girls won last year so they aren't doing too badly. Couple of premier league players as well.

Reply #714214 | Report this post

simon  
Years ago

i can not recall the 8/9 boys winning last year.

Reply #714251 | Report this post

Triton 77  
Years ago

the girl that is year 9 and plays for west i am unsure of her name but, that girl is a smart basketballer. she knows how to break someone down and provides a lot on energy on court.

Reply #714252 | Report this post

Dione 97  
Years ago

totally agree with you! saw her playing last year while she was in year 8 it was the annual st michaels vs henley game and she dominated. From what i saw she was gased and did not get a sub all game but she kept producing at both ends for them.

Reply #714254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the two comments above this aren't from her parents I’ll eat a Henley jersey

Reply #714279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also, unless the school website is lying, 8/9 boys won last year.

Reply #714280 | Report this post

Dione 97  
Years ago

reply #714279 - I am actually a parent from the St Michaels open boys team from what I have heard he works hard to be where she is.

Reply #714306 | Report this post

Triton 77  
Years ago

I am not related to the kid or have any connections to her just know she can play the game. reply #714279

Reply #714308 | Report this post

Mitchell  
Years ago

does anybody know what they finished in the Australian School Championships last year?
or
Are they attending them again this year?

Reply #714309 | Report this post

Mitchell  
Years ago

Just had a peek at there website year 8/9 boys won in 2016

Reply #714311 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

simon, Triton 77 and Dione 97 posting from the same IP.

Reply #714321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fancy having a mum and dad called Triton and Dione!

Reply #714324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're right Mitch, read the website last night and remembered wrong. Girls won something last year.

Reply #714341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Triton and Dione, busted!!!!! Loser(s)

Reply #714343 | Report this post

Triton 77  
Years ago

Yes, I did use the name Diona but that was because it was the suggested name by the site.

Plus to confirm I have to connections to this kid just seen her play a couple of times as my boys go to St Michaels.

Definitely not her parent or Guardian.

Reply #714360 | Report this post

Triton 77  
Years ago

Have NO connections***

Reply #714361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Suuuure you don't.

Reply #714363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Diona if you weren't pretending to be a different person than Triton, why would you start your post replying to Triton's post with
"totally agree with you!"?

Reply #714371 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You replied agreeing with yourself. And then reused both names again later in the thread. Whether or not the site suggested those names is hardly relevant.

Reply #714380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whos the bigger loser, Triton or Diona?

Reply #714457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Triton and Diona are two personalities in one person's head, constantly agreeing with one another and creating an internal echo chamber.

Reply #714470 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754