Luuuc
Years ago

WNBL Round 5

Thu 7:00 - Melbourne vs Sydney (Live Stream)

Sat 12:00 - Perth vs Canberra (Live on SBS Viceland & Foxtel)
Sat 5:00 - Adelaide vs Dandenong

Sun 2:00 - Bendigo vs Sydney (Live Stream)
Sun 3:00 - Townsville vs Melbourne

Topic #44234 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking forward to the lynx vs capitals game.

Reply #714375 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah if the Lynx can keep up their recent level of play it should be a good contest and a very watchable game for tv.

This week's podcasts:
Basket Case
WNBL Show

Reply #714532 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

lynx v caps.......A player will go double double ...........
See if you can guess which one it is.....

Reply #714550 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

You're betting against Griffin, Camel31? That's brave. ;)

Saw the last half of Melbourne v Sydney. Boomers were raining threes and Sydney's defence was terrible. Both sides were turning it over but geez not sure how you fix the Flames this season.

Reply #714672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Note only 7 fouls from 2 of Sydney starters there lies the problem

Reply #714687 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

lynx v caps.......A player will go double double ...........
See if you can guess which one it is.....

Didn't even need half a game to get there. She's killing it today.

Reply #715139 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Canberra back in the game. Feels more like they've raised their level than Perth choking again, but worrying trend continues for them. Five minutes left so plenty to happen.

Reply #715163 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Well done Perth. Sami who?

Pretty much only Griffin and Nurse keeping the Caps in that, and Taylor shooting cold for Perth. Hope she's ok, ran blind into a Scherf screen and was on the ground for a long time.

If it's even possible, but the Perth music appears even more louder and constant than on previous broadcasts.

Reply #715180 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

griffin 30 and 17

Reply #715195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no legit standout pg for the opals still.

Reply #715200 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Camel - check WNBL betting thread for more love.

Reply #715207 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Whoa Nicholson, 4/4 from three right at the start for Adelaide.

Reply #715209 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes .... I only saw part of my girlfriend's spectacular........
was watching adelaide 36ers v sydney kings...

Reply #715215 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Going to be bold and say by season's end Dandenong will finish below Sydney. So disappointing after their start and win up in Townsville. Plenty of talent on their roster now, can't wait for Blicavs to come back.

Reply #715241 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Nicholson 6/6 from 3 now! Agree with the comment above, hard to see where Dandy's next win is coming from.

Reply #715256 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

So close Flames, but no.
Last 2 scores of the game (the first to tie it, and the next to win it) can be seen here:
Video clip from Spirit twitter

Reply #715532 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Gosh well done Bendigo right at the end. How demoralising for Sydney, another close one.

Townsville seem to be a shadow of their past self, not sure what happened to Suzy, poor shooting night, only 21 minutes played (-18 plus minus) but just 3 pfs so maybe went off with injury? Not looking good for long term if Garbin can reach next level, Magden goes backwards,

Reply #715956 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It was an injury...

Fire superstar Suzy Batkovic had a tough game, shooting just two points before she was was forced from out with an ankle injury. In her place forward Darcee Garbin had 13 points and promising young centre Zitina Aokuso scored 12 points.
Boomers celebrate a rare win in Townsville

… but that's an uncharacteristically poor stat line for the minutes she did play.
They're way too reliant on Suzy. If she missed a game it might not be the worst thing for them as a team, to force everyone else to step it up.

Meanwhile the teams I would have tipped to be the bottom 2 are currently the top 2.

Reply #715966 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Ok, sounds like it was actually Suzy's neck, not ankle, and doesn't sound like it will keep her out long.

Claudia Brassard, Fire head coach: "[Batkovic] tried and I'm sure she wanted to stay out there, but clearly it wasn’t happening for her and she could barely move her neck. Hopefully she’ll be right to go by the weekend."

Round 5 Review

Reply #715973 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Waves2Lynx
Last week

Going to be bold and say by season's end Dandenong will finish below Sydney. So disappointing after their start and win up in Townsville. Plenty of talent on their roster now, can't wait for Blicavs to come back.

Blicavs will not return this season.... Dandenong have very little depth and as in previous seasons Anderson does not utilise her bench at all
She would rather run players into the ground and get hammered by 25 points it seems than give the bench ( other than Toddhunter) a run

So agree they will by all accounts if they continue like this be squarely on the last rung of this seasons ladder sadly

Reply #715978 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Suzy would have only played 24mins if she saw it out, so I figured she must have struggled for a good part of the game.

Also regards Dandenong, I'm not convinced every one of their players is that fit from what I've seen.

Reply #716033 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K2F9lJmBVM0

From the 3 minute mark, Andy Stewart talks about the music (and crowd but obviously to a lesser degree) being so loud that Taylor couldn't hear her teammate screaming out a warning as she ran blind into that screen in the last seconds of the game.

This really should be a bigger issue now it's actively hurting players.

Reply #716649 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah I tweeted the Lynx about it as soon as I saw that video, and then the Basket Case podcast also mentioned it. Pretty sure it will fall on deaf ears though ;)

Reply #716660 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Yeah, Basket Case was where I heard the comment on it, so went looking for the clip.

Reply #716718 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:31 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754