Anonymous
Years ago

Australian State Leagues

I was wondering what type of re-numeration is offered to players moving interstate to play in another State League ?

Is it a simple for the love of the game and the player would just get game pay or would it basically be like an import treatment i.e accommodation, rental car, money and can earn more via mid week school and training programs

Topic #44236 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt most state leagues would pay for anyone to move there. Equally its usually the seabl type clubs that pay players. Where do you want to move to?

Reply #714436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was looking at moving to a league in another state either QBL or the new Victorian Elite Premier League from NSW. I've heard of people moving interstate before but was wondering what would it entail i.e. need to get my own accommodation and car to play in the league in Queensland or Victoria

Do they assist in a package form too i.e. basketball contract plus a decent paying job for weekdays to surplus the amount earning to help?

Reply #714438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you are good enough teams will go above and beyond if it means getting you there and committing to their club. But they won't do this for every/any player

Reply #714442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You'll get Accom & a car at most good QBL teams on top of your pay

Reply #714448 | Report this post

PersonalFoul  
Years ago

Part of me feels that if you need use this forum to find this out, it might not be an option for you.

You could take a flyer drive down and try and make a name for yourself in a new league. I certainly did this overseas and have heard guys backing bags for south american and looking for a game and finding a well paid one.

Reply #714452 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Its all good, I am currently playing overseas professionally and have previous experience in the G-League. I always understood how it is like in the Waratah League just wanted some insight into QBL and Super V

Reply #714476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gage, is that you...?

Reply #714486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@PersonalFoul exactly - what pro/semi-pro player is posting on hoops for career advice? ffs, what a load of baloney

Reply #714512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Especially one the has played G league. Lol.

Reply #714521 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Go easy. Not all would have agents or be familiar with realities of leagues here. It's not like there's a great manual around for playing basketball in Australia.

OP, better you are and more financial they are, the more they might be in a position to offer. Otherwise by default, it might not be a living wage (in SA's Premier League, for example). In other places, you might get game payments or a season contract and help with car/accommodation/job.

You could find a local agent that knows more. Not sure if Paul Bell is still active as an agent: [email protected] - otherwise, Stephen Kellis: https://www.mogulsportsgroup.com/stephen-kellis---australian-agent

Reply #714547 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:16 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754