AshT
Years ago

Betting: NBL Round 5

Tonight;

Melbourne United 1.76

Possible fatigue factor and coming off blockbuster event makes for a potential letdown spot for United but I keep coming back to that they are very well drilled & motivated in contrast to Hawks who simply are not. IMO an excellent price regardless of how things work out.

Topic #44240 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Haha, blockbuster event? That was just BS hype from the NBL and the media. It was just another game for Utd.

Reply #714603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good bet. Said no one ever.

Reply #714622 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

"Good bet. Said no one ever."

Did you not get a chance to post your anonymous comment prior to the game?

Reply #714646 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Friday;

Brisbane Bullets 3.21 & +6.5 @ 1.90

A pair of wins over a tired 36ers, so still some proving themselves to do but I was left with the impression gel & belief has improved. The coach even encouraged late attack instead of clock-running, which was refreshing to hear, albeit the focus may have been on keeping 36ers tired. I'm still seeing a typical Wildcats systems/culture/crowd+Lemanis win but happy to try this price (no less) on Bullets with a deepened looking team and more contribution from Patterson.

Reply #714877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No need to post before the game. Tips are meant to be"on the money" Not a guess.

Reply #714941 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

That's nice in theory but I've never known of a punter who makes a profit using a strategy of picking winners. In contrast I can rarely recall a time I've taken a bet certain about how the game will pan out or sure about the result but I do know for certain which approach is the more effective.

Reply #714995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rest assured I have bet on certain winners because I knew they would win. Way in advance too.

Reply #715002 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Sunday;

Illawarra Hawks 2.05 & +1.5 @ 1.90

Thursday's win seemed a lot about United but were also forced to get honest off some rubbish performances, so looking for them to take confidence. Wildcats on less rest off what seemed a special effort win, so could easily see the form (5-home & just 2-away) drop off away from home.

Reply #715348 | Report this post

yeet  
Years ago

i like to bet. i have lost ten million dollars betting. you can take it

Reply #715426 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:04 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754