Anon
Years ago

Thoughts on 2:20 start time for 36ers games

Seemed like a good crowd for the 2.20 start. Made for good day ball with lightning following and then free evening. Like to see more.

Topic #44269 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

WTF happened to Saturday night NBL? No game was on last night.

Reply #715405 | Report this post

sports  
Years ago

nope, crowd was bogut factor nothing more,

it clashes with both childrens and adults sports , those of us who play sports or have kids that do its a big chunk of the season we miss which was not advised prior to purchasing season tickets

Reply #715410 | Report this post

yeet  
Years ago

its terrible

Reply #715418 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Fox and 9 dictate when games are on. Clearly they dont want to show NBL on Saturday night so the NBL dont fixture as many games that time anymore. Big shame because NBL is best when its played on saturday night IMO.

Reply #715447 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Season ticket holders who had prior Saturday sporting commitments recorded it and watched it when they got home. You know, at the time they want to watch NBL.

How many of those will decide it's actually pretty good watching it from the armchair, skipping the breaks and being able to pause and replay what's happening? How many will decide, maybe it's not worth a season ticket next year, just go to a few evening games and watch the others on time delay?

Reply #715458 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Hate Sat arvo. Love sat night. Can put up with sun arvo. There is approx 4-5 sat arvo games for 36ers this season. We do know NBL basketball is played during the summer don't we, so lets's put the game on during the hottest part of the day. I bet the spectators won't be loving it in December, January and February when it's 30 odd degrees. I bet that was never discussed by the tv execs.

Reply #715488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't expect to but I’ve actually loved heading to Sat arvo games. Easier with kids, still have an evening too. Works for footy codes, why not for basketball?

Reply #715936 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm not all that fussed about timing.
From a scheduling point of view it makes sense to have a lot of Sunday games of course since it means those teams can play twice per round.

Reply #716005 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:15 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754