Anonymous
Years ago

Could the Sixers bring in Rhys Martin?

Could Rhys Martin fill a backup Pg role with Adelaide? He's sitting around I’m assuming.

Topic #44274 | Report this topic

Master Chief  
Years ago

Not a bad idea.

Also, Aaron Bruce?

Reply #715478 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Sorry, Shaun Bruce.

Reply #715479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They need a proper backup pg now, so I'd assume a move like this would see Doyle bumped from the lineup

Reply #715483 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Would be an obvious upgrade on Doyle, alternatively McVeigh could take 12th spot on roster, I'm not sure on the rules though.

Reply #715503 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Would've been an obvious decision even in the offseason but I suspect he probably doesn't want to leave NSW.

Reply #715504 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Rhys was FIFO for Gold Coast in QBL the past season, and he's familiar with Joey, so he’s a genuine possible.

Reply #715528 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

If Rhys Martin is the answer...

Reply #715539 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

He did score 32 points against the Sixers that one time. Although ADL were probably playing no D in that game just like this season.

Reply #715541 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Ive actually always respected Rhys Martin's game as a PG, not that my opinion is that important. On his day was clearly a better pure PG than anyone we have in the line up ATM, including Sobey.
His best was a little time ago, but for 15-20 min a game - seems good value.

Reply #715587 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Rhys has family at the Gold Coast so would have been attraction. To prolong his NBL career may be an attraction in this case. IOM his game is more half court than run and gun tho have seen him push the ball sometimes.

Another thought may be Damian Heiur who, I believe, is training with the Taipans alongside Bruce. Not a point guard but should add a reliable shooter, one with ball handling ability, if needed.

Reply #715593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seb Vozzo!!! Make it happen Joey

Reply #715605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhys too old to play for Sixers!!!!!

De Leon was bad enough.!!!!!!

Reply #715875 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Martin is 31, Deleon is 34.
Not too old.

Reply #715881 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Oops he is 32 but still better than Doyle. He probably wouldn't move family interstate anyway.

Reply #715883 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

What's the latest in the Daniel Dillon story?

Reply #715906 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think he did his knee in a SEABL or Big V game last year.

Reply #715928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dillion playing div 2 in France, doing quite well.

Reply #715937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've got one word to say to you Kymmy 'Owner Kymmy, the new owner, thats where the probems for the Sixers are Kymmy, owner’

Reply #715938 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Have always had a bunch of respect for Rhys Martin too and signing him in the off season would have been a great idea, as really, what other options do they have? Now though, might not be worth being away from family just to get a handful of minutes, but it depends what he's up to these days...

Reply #715949 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Do you guys actually watch Doyle play? His height is an issue, but then the 36ERS have had Randle & DeLeon, and I suspect he is physically stronger than either of those, though obviously has less tricks than Randle. However he does push the ball down the court and look to distribute it, unlike DeLeon and [often] the 36ERS version of Randle.

So far this season the 36ERS have looked better to me with Doyle at the point than with DeLeon and with the Conger news I suspect we might see a bit more of that, which I expect will see some people needing to change their opinions about Adam.

Reply #715990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhys Martin..Dillon..Doyle!..desperate times.

Sits with the coach.

Reply #716054 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I've never seen a confidant Doyle so why not see that before we completely rip strips off him... but he has looked pretty pathetic from what we've seen at NBL level

Reply #716367 | Report this post

Food for thought (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I'd take him over Doyle and Larkins. For guys who are actually in the 12, they're useless. At least Rhys Martin provides something tangible.

Reply #716372 | Report this post

jimjimthedogboy  
Years ago

I think the advantage with Rhys Martin over De León and Doyle is his coach-ability as a role player. He is likely to be quite predictable as a distributor for a second unit. I don't think he would be prone to De León's questionable shooting decisions. I assume De León had better foot speed for pushing the transition though.

I think Martin was no longer able to provide what the Hawks needed from that position, but could probably still provide value as a role player, in the right situation. I think there were too many times when the Hawks didn't have enough scoring options around Martin, and he would force a shot, with ever decreasing efficiency.

Reply #716385 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I'm all for thinking outside the box, but what would they be hoping to achieve?

I agree that not having a recognised gun PG is a negative, but Martin wouldn't fix that.

I don't know, maybe Joey still has hopes for Teys, Doyle, and Larkin?

Reply #716401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the achievement could be 6 minutes per game of rest for Sobey, with low risk of errors in judgement.

Reply #716625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope that Larkins dad will keep giving him cash maybe

Reply #716637 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:49 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754