Anonymous
Years ago

Wildcats injury news?

Does anyone have any info on how long injured Wildcat trio of Brandt,White and Martin will be out for?
Heard a commentator say today Martin is out about a month.

Wondering if Perth are lining up potential fill ins....

Also what site is best for injury updates (all teams not just Perth).

Topic #44278 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should know by Monday according to the Cats medical staff. Looking at weeks as of now for all three

Reply #715900 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Martin can't walk without limping,
White's hamstring would also be weeks,
and Brandt didn't look good, so I'd say weeks there as well.

Reply #715914 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Time to invoke Import #3 card.

Reply #715917 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

No way that short a rotation can survive, they need bodies

Reply #715921 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah, they need two new imports ready to go next weekend.

Reply #715923 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Wildcats play Cairns next week (should win)
Then a home/away double against NZ the following weekend and then we stop for FIBA window and play Sydney away Dec 6th.
Meaning only 3 games in the next 24 days so may not be in rush to get replacements.

Reply #715954 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Hogwash - might they may want a longer bench to back up in Auckland 48 hours after playing in Perth?

They'll be travelling all day Saturday - hard travel too. They'll have to be at the airport sometime between 4am and 7am Sat morning (WA time) and will get to their hotel sometime between 10pm and 1 am Sat night/Sun morning (NZ time). Game time will be 2pm on the Sunday.

Reply #715958 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

I don't disagree there Peter John, unless we get some more bodies would expect Perth to go 0-2 that weekend.

Reply #715959 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Thought perth said Martin will be coming back against cairns?

Reply #715974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be very surprised if he came back from a recurring calf problem that quickly. Probably needs at least a month out.

Reply #715975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My understanding was that it's the other calf not the one injured in preseason. Also there is a direct flight now they can take to cut travel time to Auckland I think.

Reply #715979 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Martin has to sit out 3 weeks or 4 games, and last I saw was still walking with a noticeable limp

Reply #716013 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

They could easily go 0-3 in the next three games and be back in the pack. They should use that third import spot asap. After all that was the contingency plan should they be in this situation.

Reply #716070 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Umm, no they couldn't.
In fact that result (whilst always theoretically possible) would be highly unlikely.

Cairns are already putting a new drawer in the kitchen. If they sucked any worse, there'd be a giant sinkhole in FNQ.

Sure, Perth are down to about 5 decent players, but that still puts them about 3 in front of Cairns.

NZ in NZ are always tough, but they've got 2 weeks to sort that. And the return will favour the Cats.

Reply #716088 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

And the return will favour the Cats.
Will it? They have to fly from Perth to NZ, then NZ to Perth, in the space of a couple of days. NZ only have to make one of those trips.

Reply #716116 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

NZ aren't the team they once were. Last time they collapsed in the 4th quarter in Perth.
They really need a quality PG.

Plus, 2 weeks, I would not be surprised to see Martin suit up for that game.

Reply #716154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marto isn't as impactful as he once was. White and Brandt being out will definitely hurt more... Perth need to get past Cairns this week, because the NZ games will be a slog. I think NZ are starting to look quite good, no one in the league can stop Wesley right now. If Long sorts out his foul trouble, they will finish top 2.

Reply #716157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the release the Wildcats put out it looks like fitness tests all round

Reply #716160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White and Brandt are both back for the Cairns game.

Reply #716217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or so I thought I heard on the radio this morning, but then the Wildcats website says fitness test so who knows.

Reply #716220 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

White and Brandt look possible for Cairns.
Perth should take a cautious approach to their minutes.

Reply #716222 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

White and Brandt will be available.

On the other hand it's a good chance to give the development players a run.

Reply #716232 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

https://thewest.com.au/sport/perth-wildcats/injured-perth-wildcats-brandt-white-set-sights-on-cairns-clash-ng-b881019496z

Reply #716241 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Cairns are a shambles, it doesn't matter who suits up for Perth expect a Cats win.

Reply #716256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White cleared and Brandt is close to being cleared

Reply #716280 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Cairns are a shambles, it doesn't matter who suits up for Perth expect a Cats win.

It's precisely this type of thinking that will lose you games.

There have been many examples so far this season of favoured teams going into games a bit off or lacking intensity, and they more often than not lose.

Reply #716288 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Reply #716296 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Dazz that's your best post yet ^

Reply #716299 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

"On the other hand it's a good chance to give the development players a run."

They'll get to match up against our ex-bench, much like the training sessions of last season, but in a real game!

Reply #716308 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

All 3 declared non-starters now:
https://thewest.com.au/sport/perth-wildcats/injured-perth-wildcats-trio-angus-brandt-terrico-white-and-damian-martin-to-sit-out-once-more-ng-b881022525z

Reply #716605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If all 3 are now non-starters then Perth will not be missing any starters for that game which is great news for them. They should probably win now.

Reply #716607 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

On the one hand its a good move, in that they will get a extra week, and are only missing one more game, and against the worst team.

Could get interesting, hopefully Perth will get out to great start again.

Plus, Gleeson can flog Kay & Cotton without worrying about game 2.
(Get it, flog?)

Anything can happen, but if both teams play as they have been, Perth should get the win.

Reply #716785 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:19 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754