Premier League GM rankings

In the Premier League thread there is a coaches ranking discussion. In my opinion this is the wrong way to go about things. We can be less subjective and more objective by ranking the GM moves of each coach. My attempt below for the men:

1. Andy (Forestville) - 15 years of power shifting signings. A porven elite understanding of the by-laws.

2. Dean (Southern) - Keeps mixing the line up each year and keeps coming back strong. The big names stand out but he is great at surrounding stars with elite role players.

3. Daylight

4. Corey (West) - Greatest GM move was being there when Al ceased coaching Woodville. Put together another good group at West.

5. Hawkes (North) - Points deducted for wasting an import spot on their star player's mate.

6. Casella (Sturt) - The Trust The Process candidate. Recruited well at South years ago with DJ, Creek and Hooley but lost Hooley pre season. Now building with youth and in time I expect him to rise.

7. Rogers (Norwood) - This is probably harsh because he has a veteran core so no need to recruit over them, did very well within Griff last year so if he backs it up this year maybe he moves up.

8. Whitmore (Woodville) - Got a few players from Central's, but a tough place to build a winning program with current resources.

9. Ricky (Central) - Doing the right thing and playing the youth. Not sure what his long term record is, someone can update me and set me straight.

10. (Eastern) - Tough geographical spot to recruit, but have to judge on results.

11. The new guy at South - too new to rank.

Topic #44296 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waaaaank

Reply #716541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes, right on

Reply #716556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why hasn't todd groecke been looked at as a head coach. very undrated and is a big part why andy has been successful.
maybe its time for him to put his hand up. best assistant coach then daylight.

Reply #716582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PL is purely dependent on budget. The clubs who are prepared to spend big, win. Has sfa to do with the coaches.

Reply #716585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could say the same for every competition. NBA, NBL, WNBL all the same. But it also comes down to culture getting the roster roles right and knowing how to spend the money.

Plenty of big spending teams in the past have underachieved.

Reply #716620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least common sense says that Warhurst is above Petty!

Reply #716778 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:53 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754