Some guy on a couch
Premier League GM rankings
In the Premier League thread there is a coaches ranking discussion. In my opinion this is the wrong way to go about things. We can be less subjective and more objective by ranking the GM moves of each coach. My attempt below for the men:
1. Andy (Forestville) - 15 years of power shifting signings. A porven elite understanding of the by-laws.
2. Dean (Southern) - Keeps mixing the line up each year and keeps coming back strong. The big names stand out but he is great at surrounding stars with elite role players.
4. Corey (West) - Greatest GM move was being there when Al ceased coaching Woodville. Put together another good group at West.
5. Hawkes (North) - Points deducted for wasting an import spot on their star player's mate.
6. Casella (Sturt) - The Trust The Process candidate. Recruited well at South years ago with DJ, Creek and Hooley but lost Hooley pre season. Now building with youth and in time I expect him to rise.
7. Rogers (Norwood) - This is probably harsh because he has a veteran core so no need to recruit over them, did very well within Griff last year so if he backs it up this year maybe he moves up.
8. Whitmore (Woodville) - Got a few players from Central's, but a tough place to build a winning program with current resources.
9. Ricky (Central) - Doing the right thing and playing the youth. Not sure what his long term record is, someone can update me and set me straight.
10. (Eastern) - Tough geographical spot to recruit, but have to judge on results.
11. The new guy at South - too new to rank.