Mervan
Years ago

One game comparison: NBL game call superior to NBA

Watched the United and Jazz Boston games today.

I know I will get shut down but the United commentary was far superior to the NBA call.

Dwayne calls the plays, and yes, he has a man crush on super flopper Goulding, but he does have passion and excitement.

We have never complained about parachoil commentary at Sixers games btw

Corey seems to have pulled the outlandish statements back a bit.

Liam and Nathan ( I realise both weren't there today) I find very knowledgeable and quick to pick up on the nuances of the game.

Not often I lol watching sports but there was some golden moments today with the screaming woman and Casper blocking Corey's Twitter.

We are are quick to have tall poppy syndrome but I thought today was a gem of a commentary.

The Boston Jazz commentators did nothing, other than have an awesome Boston drawl

Topic #44321 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The ESPN feed for the Celtics Utah game was the local commentators, it wasn't a nationally televised game so they are supposed to be homers.
The NBL guys are supposed to be neutral.
Also good commentators don't call every play on tv. It's not AFL you can see who has the ball. They are supposed to be able to tell what the refs call though which the NBL guys are hardly ever able to do.

Reply #717349 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

I thought the commentators did okay yesterday with Adelaide vs Illawarra. I think they were Heal, Williams and Russell. Russell called it how I expected the play-by-play commentator to call it. Both Heal and Williams, as the colour/insight commentators, were more focused on the game on the court than the call I saw a week or two ago. Williams in particular seemed to be making an effort to be more insightful and less hip. i.e., more steak and less sizzle. Worked for me.

Reply #717353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell me more about Casper blocking homicide?

Reply #717366 | Report this post

Mervan  
Years ago

Why did my thread post get changed?

Reply #717393 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Because it wasn't a clear title.

Reply #717445 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Tommy Heinson (Boston colour commentator) is known as the worst homer in NBA broadcasting. There are some good crews around, there's isn't one of them. I'm a Jazz fan and can't stand Harpring on any game, will regularly watch the opponents feed. The days Harpring has off, Thurl Bailey comes in and is excellent.

Hard to beat Kevin Calabro (ex Sonics 'magic carpet ride' play by play) who now calls Portland games.

I enjoy most of the NBL guys with the exception of Russell.

Reply #717458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casper Ware blocked Homocide on Twitter?! Front page news right there

Reply #717510 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:12 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754