yeet
Years ago

NBL 19/20 opening game?

I reckon first game should be Melb. United vs South East Melb. Pheonix. Would be great for publicity.Thoughts?

Topic #44326 | Report this topic

Food for thought  
Years ago

No I think you have to build form and anticipation for that kind of thing. People like to talk about form of teams coming into big matches, etc. I'd probably start it around round 4

Reply #717446 | Report this post

yeet  
Years ago

hm.idk i think it would be good

Reply #717452 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I think yeet is quietly trolling this forum

Reply #717455 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

I reckon before we get the build up happening you practice spelling Phoenix correctly.

Reply #717517 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Yeah, make it the peonics home game, so that all their family can attend.

Reply #717565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, they can bring their picnics baskets along and have a nice family meal together at the game

Reply #717566 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

On the point of PR, think 1st up the best.

Say SEMelb take some time to get "it" going and lose some games early. And, if they get trounced in those early outings and then have to front up to the red-hot United, who's going to go to get embarassed.

1st-up game, the anticipation and other hype (SEMelb have already shown that they are going to promote, promote, promote), either stadium will be packed. Now, even if the still red-hot United do trounce the Phoenicks (just joking with that spelling), well, most will say that's what they expected so, no real harm done. Should they win, I bet even LK would be happy. Yeah, his team may have lost but his league will definately be the real winner.

....is what I think!

Reply #717568 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I think yeet is quietly trolling this forum

This coming from the person who keeps on about the bullets and the bullets train.

Well done.

Reply #717569 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

by the way, why the hate on 2 previous posts. Not talking about negative comments of some worth. They will always be part of this and other forums and that's ok. But, for goodness sake. You guys have a total of around 3 to hate. The new owner, the new GM and the new coach. Can any of you even name them without looking it up? or can you tell what you are unhappy about, or, are you just practising/keeping up your form. Honestly, get a life!

Sorry, but note that you've got ME going, and yes, I don't even know your name(s). How lucky am I, not to know you?

Regards all!

Reply #717570 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Reply #717394

I'm shooting straight cancer into all these threads

Do your research, Lovebroker, W. Kerr

Reply #717571 | Report this post

Scott  
Years ago

I actually think Phoenix's first home game should be against anyone but United. Then Phoenix's second home game could be against United.

That way you are guaranteed at least two big crowds because they are two separate events. Phoenix's first home game and the first Melbourne derby between Phoenix and United.

Reply #717590 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Ok, seriously,

The first game, and perhaps even games against United should be United Home games. Why? Becuase its going to suck if its a Phoenix home game and their fans are outnumbered 5:1

Furthermore, the first such derby should be built up to, maybe round 2 or 3, to allow plenty of time for the hype.

Reply #717608 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:45 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754