Jack Toft
Years ago

Brisbane v Illawarra Nov 22

You would think this game could be a lock in for Brisbane, but this important crunch game could go either way.

Brisbane (4 & 6) were outstanding against Adelaide, but have lost their last three (Perth, New Zealand, Melbourne). Illawarra (3 & 6) should take pride in a win over Melbourne in Round 5, but need to get a wriggle on and secure wins against teams like Brisbane to stay in consideration with the pack.

If Jason Statham played basketball, he would play for Illawarra. Illawarra remind me of The Expendables, a bunch a bad-asses who (mostly) have all played for someone else. But what is missing? They should have it all but just seem to blow it all up at the wrong time.

Brisbane need this season to go well and have shown glimpses of that. Gliddon and Gibson can score at will when they want to and the three musketeers of Hodgson, Bairstow and TeRangi hold their own in the key (they would form a fierce front row in League)

Surprisingly Brisbane only have this game this round, but the Hawks back up to host Adelaide later on Sunday.

Both teams need this win badly, but I think Captain Gibbo might be saying "yippy kay ya" when the final buzzer sounds.

Topic #44341 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

gibson and hodgson been pretty good .....wouldn't mind them...

Reply #717991 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Brisbane should romp it in.

Reply #718018 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

I've got the Bullets for this one.

Reply #718023 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hawks are 8-1 against Brisbane since they came back in, if the Bullets get this one it will certainly say something about how both teams are travelling at the moment. I like the Bullets' team, but if Illawarra can't get this, or get real close, rebounding from what they dished up in Adelaide then they're in trouble.

Reply #718029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait for Spudee to play 35 minutes and build a brick house again, Bullets fans are in for a real treat.

Reply #718038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane by 22

Reply #718047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets by 20 and Bevo to quit at the post game press conference

Reply #718050 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Crowd of 74?

Reply #718098 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Gliddon is cooking this year! Great shooting %'s too.

Reply #718100 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Simon Kerle calling Cadee out and saying it's about time he put up some numbers. Good stuff!

Reply #718101 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

I wish it was as easy to find a seat in Perth

Reply #718102 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Kevin White has gone 1/17 recently. Even for a "defensive player" that it trash.

Reply #718103 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

MACDUB: nah. Looks like 64.

Reply #718105 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

they shooting pretty good ...even cadee...

Reply #718107 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

The producers of the broadcast need to have a quiet word to Simon Kerle to not mention meditation again this season!

Reply #718108 | Report this post

Years ago

Anyone else just getting the nbl logo on the feed and no game?

Reply #718109 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Grida looks nice! Heaps of upside!

Reply #718110 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I'm out and about in Queensland tonight. How in the hell do you claim a free cheeseburger? I want one. This is a tougher crack than the Da Vinci code.

Reply #718112 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

You might end up being the only person in QLD to claim one outside of maybe a handful in Cairns based on the crowd numbers tonight.

Reply #718113 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Kevin White made a 3 so now has the green light to keep shooting.

RIP Illawarra!

Reply #718114 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I wonder if Hungry Jacks Wharf Street, Tweed, will do them for free

Reply #718115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets face it. If kevin white is a starter that tells me your imports are very average.

Jett and jackson is playing terrible!!

Reply #718120 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

LOL did anyone hear Toni Caldwell just then say to Cedric Jackson "thanks for being nice to me for the first time in a game" hahahaha. She's another trash ref

Reply #718123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope all you Cadee haters are enjoying this game
xoxoxo

Reply #718124 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Just like we'll enjoy the next 6 where he reverts to the mean.

Reply #718126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ogilvy is a bust, just embarrassing to see him grab the ring on the defensive end multiple times.
He doesn't have the gonads to finish at the rim in offense either.
Illawarra's sets are just abysmal, Todd Blandfield has a nice pile of bricks. Caddee is massively overrated, must be nice to have the national coach fill your head with BS.

Reply #718127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People who trash him all the time but never give credit where it is due are the ones who are reverting to the mean. Enjoy your night haters
xoxoxo

Reply #718129 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

OK Mrs Cadee, you too! xoxoxo

Reply #718131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought the commentary was very good,Patterson looks like a keeper, Cadee did very good as with Gliddon. Vikona a good pick up and Bairstow looking better, Te rangi most improved, just got keep Hodgson out foul trouble. Illawarra oh boy, if no changes there it still be eight teams next year unless they fast track the Huskies.

Reply #718134 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Cadee's game was more an anomaly.

Reply #718135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee played well, credit where it's due.

Reply #718137 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Sure, but pretty much every Bullets player bar Gibson played well tonight. One of those games for both teams, really - Bullets were firing, Hawks were not.

Reply #718147 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As a rule, I don't watch Jason Statham movies. Should’ve had that same rule for this game. Hawks are rough viewing. Can’t help but feel like they need wins to stay alive in the league which makes a poor game sad viewing.

Crowd looked pretty woeful. Crazy that Brisbane wouldn’t get a known marquee signing to try and boost crowds rather than a safe/tame list.

Reply #718155 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Tend to agree, Isaac. They remind me of the Crocs in their final season, minus the hustle and heart that that team showed.

Reply #718157 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Let's not forget about this here Bullet train.

Adelaide will want to start stockpiling wins now because their run home is brutal

Reply #718166 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Beating Illawarra isn't much of an achievement but credit to Brisbane anyway.
Patterson a bona fide star.

If Brisbane are serious about being a contender and not a fringe playoff team you would think they would get another import ASAP.
Cadee beasting.

Reply #718178 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Beating up on the little caboose that couldn't doesn't make you a bullet train.

Reply #718181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taipans and Hawks to fold, Phoenix come into 7-team league

Reply #718183 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Manu

Any luck with the cheeseburger in Tweed Heads? Or were you an hour early?

You could try the South Tweed HJs on Minjungbal Dve.

Bullet trains are famously reliable.

How could you possibly run a bullet train with Cadee driving it? "Reliable" and ”Cadee” have never been used in the same sentence.

Reply #718270 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Crazy that Brisbane wouldn't get a known marquee signing to try and boost crowds rather than a safe/tame list."

Crazier thing is probably that a non-established team would get so many Thursday home games. When they played on a weekend the place was close to sold out.

Reply #718274 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Agreed Paul.

Games on school nights are killing attendance in Brisbane. This was an issue prior to the Bullets folding years back.

Uncertain why the NBL is persisting with it. It's a terrible look on tv and I'm sure it doesn't benefit the search for another team owner.

The least the league could do is move the tip to 7:30pm local time.

Reply #718292 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:05 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754