Two years ago
NBA Season Discussion
With the NBA nearly a quarter of the way through the season (and we've had some games to make some assessments), what are some discussion points.
I'll start of with a few:
- The overall hype around the league this year seems really diminished for some reason (Lebron is doing Lebron things but his play seems to have been forgotten amongst Lakers own gelling issues IDK?)
- Exum is (right now) not cut out for the league (and is out of his depth) and the Jazz could be regretting that new contract;
- Losing Ariza was a huge loss for the Rockets.
- Giannis is my current MVP (though admittedly it is early) - his numbers are ridicolous and the Bucks are 2nd place in the East.
- Doncic ROY - he is going to be a stud in this league if not already (and at just 19 the amount of time/years he has to refine/develop both his skills and his body are insane);
- Phoenix should just tank for Zion - absolutely no merit in winning a few extra games;
- Toronto to feature in the NBA Finals - they've had a very good regular season team for a few years now, but this team looks like they can get them deeper into the post-season (plus no Lebron)
- How long does the Lonzo experiment last? (shooting has improved but overall PER has dropped to just 11. Playing 27 minutes a game)
- Thunder (even though they are 2nd in the West) are a terribly frustrating team to watch and still have that inconsistency in their game (they could be dominant). Still in a damn good spot.
- GSW's losses mean absolutely nothing at this stage of the season (when they don't have Curry/Green/Cousins in the lineup). Still heavy favourites for the title.