Anonymous
Years ago

What happened to Matt Kenyon?

What has happened to this once promising junior/NBL rookie? I know he was injured for the Bullets but not sure how serious the injury was. He was at the AIS, Aus U19 team, signed to the NBL then disappeared?

Topic #44370 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Kenyon returned to the Bullets in 2017-18, but only appeared in five games. He re-joined the Sunshine Coast Phoenix for the 2018 QBL season.

Reply #719106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't play QBL this year.

Apart from that, dunno. Never had the chops for NBL and didn't exactly assert himself in QBL 2017.

Reply #719111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He didn't play a game in the QBL in 2018. Just wondering what happened as he was a promising player.

Reply #719115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe he did an ACL towards the end of his 2nd season with Brisbane, which I think was then end of his 2 year contract. Never a good time to do an ACL, but this was at the end of contract, which made it worse.

I don't think Brisbane showed him any loyalty & didn't re-new his contract.

Reply #719162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would they show him any loyalty when he clearly wasn't up to the job?

Another awesome Lemanis signing btw.

Reply #719164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe because he got hurt playing/training for them and he was only 20, so had lots more potential for improvement.

I know this is different, but I don't think that would happen in the wider business world if he was, say an apprentice?

Reply #719167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He might have been only 19!

Reply #719168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#167 I'm not sure how often it would happen in the NBL, but I've seen plenty of places where an apprentice who can't keep up because of something that went wrong at work gets shafted. So in a broader context, no, I wouldn't think it unusual.

Reply #719175 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If he can come back from the ACL and get a spot, great. If he's not up to it, why would they reserve a roster spot for him?

Reply #719219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Piss off with the loyalty crap! He was injured and wasn't able to play at all.

Being a Bullets fan, I loved watching him play so it is a shame. But that is sport for you.

Reply #719221 | Report this post

Niko Rustov  
Years ago

Kid is a stud.
He'll bounce back.
Had a horrible knee injury.
Elite defender against guys like Lonzo Ball at Nations.

Reply #719239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, I didn't realise it was an ACL. That explains the lengthy layoff.

Speaking of young guys coming back from injury, I have seen Angus Glover on the bench for Illawarra. Is he a chance to come back soon? Both were part of that national championship NSW country team and still have great potential. It would be awesome to see them come back at full strength.

Reply #719269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Per Glover's twitter feed, he started running in October. So I would imagine he's no chance to return this season, by the time he gets through change of direction and contact stuff. But hopefully he can work his way back into it and have a go next year. The fear of doing it again given his history wouldn't be something I could get over in his situation, though. I'd be done.

Reply #719300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bloke just got drafted in the g league first round ha

Reply #770500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasn't hit the floor yet ha

Reply #780598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No longer in the g league his team dropped him

Reply #791519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I always mixed him up with Jeremy Kendle

This is my story.

Reply #791536 | Report this post

Zee  
Years ago

I guess that iis still the question, he is missing in action

Reply #816663 | Report this post

Joey  
Years ago

Currently excelling in the Waratah League lol

https://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?pID=204205448

Reply #817549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just played for Australia mate!!!

Reply #833701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's embarassing Kenyon was there. He was the only bloke over 20. What about Mika Vukona though? Some of the other players were young enough to be his son.

Reply #833708 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:57 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754