Cram
Years ago

Kayo Sports

Anyone got this yet? Anyone planning on it?

It seems like it is just the sports package of Foxtel, but they're being a bit vague about it.

I want to know if they will have all of the live channels (ie 7 x fox sports, 2 x ESPN and 3 x BeIN sports) as well as other stuff and on demand. The list of offerings on their website I think is deliberately not detailed.

The split picture could be something worth looking at - ability to play up to 4 sports at once. Other than that though I can't see anything that makes it different from the Foxtel sports package (which you can already get on streaming, as I do, through foxtel now)

Topic #44381 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

It's to trick all the people who swore they would never give foxtel another cent

Reply #719502 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Colleague of mine has mentioned it for the splitscreen stuff. Might be talking about the Apple TV app? He spoke positively about it anyway.

Reply #719503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct. It is a re branding of the foxtel sports package into a stand alone platform to distance itself from the crappy reputation that foxtel has.

Reply #719504 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I've been trialling it for just under two weeks now, pretty darn good, has all the Foxtel sports channels plus some more in demand stuff (for example it has all the 30 for 30's available). Had time to watch a whole qtr of NBA and didn't glitch at all, looked just like I was watching through my Foxtel box.

2 types of memberships, regular ($25) and premium ($25), regular gives you 2 concurrent streams on multiple devices, premium gives you 3 (seems you can use this like Netflix and share the account between 2 or 3 people to further drop the cost.

Can multi screen up to 4 sports at one time, but don't think this can be chromecasted (think max might be split).

Will definitely be watching and will possibly cancel my Foxtel subscription and share this with a mate to bring monthly cost to $12.50 per person.

Reply #719541 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Edit: Premium is $35

Reply #719542 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yes Cram all sports channels excluding horse racing are included (Fox Sports, ESPN, Eurosport and beIN). Sky Racing and racing.com not included.

Reply #719579 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Actually Eurosport isn't included along with club channels.

Reply #719581 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Just looking at this and it really looks good. Might be bye bye nbl.tv
You can add it too your Telstra bill, which is nice. $25 for two devices simultaneously, similar to netflix but for sport, makes it look the goods.

Has most of the sports I'm interested in also.

Reply #719609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Available on Chromecast Ultra and above only, and similar capability Android TVs.

Reply #719611 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Does it broadcast every nba game or just a few?

Reply #719656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a few. Same as Foxtel, because it is Foxtel.

Reply #719660 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:51 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754